[split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
it's just a cry for connection.
As far as Adam was concerned, the kiss was almost as perfect as it could be. No, he couldn't feel all he might have been able to once, but he'd been growing used to the limited senses the Ascended body gave him. He pulled away, not sure what they'd say after but thinking it would be about how they could make this work, how they could continue any kind of relationship given everything.

He did not, for a moment, consider that Amalia would let it all come between them. That she'd actually choose the distant beings that gave her favour over him, her best friend. He would have done anything for her, anything; Adam thought she had felt the same.

To find out she didn't...even though he couldn't feel physical pain, he put a had to his chest, almost gasping from the ache as he stepped back, looking somewhere by her feet. He was silent, gritted teeth and shaking as he tried to come up with anything to say that would change her mind - oh Gods, was she going to leave him? He couldn't handle that. Not after everything else.

"You...you really think that?" Was all he could finally choke out, no anger in his voice, only hurt. "...I...I thought...I thought..." Adam's hands came up to press to his own chest, to feel the lack of heartbeat. "I'm me. I'm me. I had to lose some things to come back, but you - you were one of the things I came back for. Please don't do this. Fuck, please--" Aggressively rubbing the heel of his palm against his eye, Adam didn't look up at her either, just spoke to the ground, trying to recover from the sudden dip of atmosphere from shy kisses to this in just a moment.
i'd trade my life and health,
to make people pay attention.
I'd sacrifice myself for the
sake of entertainment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night - by Adam - 03-18-2021, 03:01 PM