[split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
no amount of guilt can change the past && no amount of anxiety can change the future
She does feel uncomfortable, but not just because of what he is. Even though they travel like a bullet through the air, Amalia feels every second, painfully aware of her heart beating against him, her tail wrapped around his legs. To be so close to everything she wanted, and yet kept back so far-- it aches more than her wings, more than anything. This should be a moment of triumph, of joy. Just a half-inch closer and her face would be nestled within his hair - and gods, how she wants it, wants to stop and land and tell him she was wrong, that she regrets it, that she loves him and always will.

In another world, in another life, things would be different than they are. But in this world, today? They are broken, destined to once more drift apart.

She lands as gently as she can given his longer limbs, still trying not to hurt him despite the pain she's already caused. Silently Amalia unhands Adam, taking a step away and letting her arms drop down to her sides. She looks exhausted, older, as though that journey alone aged her by five years and two diseases.

But no, it's just one heartbreak.

"I'm sorry." She isn't sure if he'll turn to look at her, or if she wants him to. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. One day... one way or another, I'm going to free you, Adam. Free all of you. So you can be whole again."
Amalia

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night - by Amalia - 03-19-2021, 06:48 PM