going under
Cian
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 37 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
my demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced
"You do not deserve to know the answers to those questions. You are the Eye - if you don't know them already, you are terrible at your job." Finn has risen to his feet by now, his breathing shallow but purposely slow, as if to stomp down on the rising panic attack before it can take hold in Cian's presence. "Your role permits you whatever you wish of it. You do not wish to want or to care," he corrects, sounding curiously sad as he holds out his hand for the charm that will hide his identity whilst he is in Torchline.

"I am to be there throughout monsoon season, then, and return at the beginning of LongHeat." It isn't a question so much as a confirmation. "No correspondence throughout. I will keep my findings discreet and file them with you on my return."
FINN
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 41 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Cian
On a gathering storm comes
A tall handsome man
"Perhaps." The Eye acknowledges with a dutiful nod. 'Have I the wrong man for the job, then Finn?" He asks, with painful earnesty. If not the one-prostitute gatherer of information to gather information in a brothel, then who? But, maybe it is as Finn has said. Perhaps Cian is simply bad at his job.

'We both know that isn't true." The Eye says with an almost sly tilt of his head, though it's unclear whether this refers to the earlier or latter part of Finn's statement.

Allowing the charm to drop into the Spyglass's palm, Cian nods. "I'm sure you will make a wise choice as to your appearance. No communication, that is correct. Not that it will be easily managed with the monsoons. And, of course, no one here can know where you are going either."
In a dusty black coat with
A red right hand
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 37 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Oh no, of course not. You have the perfect man for the job. If only you cared what became of him." Tucking the charm away in his pocket, Finn both does and doesn't expect the final slap to the face at hearing he can't even communicate what is happening to him to anyone who might be able to help. He can already feel himself begin to split apart at the seams, edges only recently sewn together fraying so easily.

"Understood. Is there anything else?" He doesn't actually wait for a response; Finn is already on the way to the door, his shoulder coming up that he might wipe at his cheek. He pauses with his hand on the doorknob, waiting to either be dismissed or to be called back. Either way, his fate is already sealed.
FINN
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 41 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Cian
On a gathering storm comes
A tall handsome man
"Is that what you want from me, Finn?" Cian wonders. "For me to care about you?"

But Finn is off, for the door, for the cliffs for all Cian knows. Though Cian does know. He knows Finn will do what he's told. The Spyglass is powerful, but his power is one use. Is now the right time to deploy him? Is this the best use of his abilities? 'Would you rather go to the Grounds? Infiltrate there to learn about what the ascended are doing directly?' It is far more dangerous and Finn is far less suited.

'You might be wrong about the brothel. I suspect someone like Sera might excel in such a place. The Halenani does not attract...the same clientele that sought you out at Molly's, after all." Said with a rhetorical air, Cian seems to be considering.

"Think about it, and send me a note with your decision."
In a dusty black coat with
A red right hand
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"If you do not take care of your tools, Cian, they will rust and they will break, and they will be of no use to you at all." Like using a spoon to try to open a can, or a screwdriver to remove a nail. "And you have already used and abused me as much as Molly ever did. At least she feigned caring." Finn rolls his shoulders, as if even the shirt on his back feels ill-fitting after this conversation. And at the sudden suggestion of an alternative, the Spyglass scoffs and opens the door.

"I have no decision to make. You have given me my orders and I am carrying them out. If there were alternatives, you would have considered them already. You are the Eye, after all. You don't negotiate, you delegate." It's coldly said, as Finn steps out through the doorway. "Goodbye, Cian."

And then he is simply gone - gone from the office, and gone from Stormbreak within the hour.

~FINnbyeee
FINN