back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"Thank you," Juniper replied, to Sunjata's offer of hospitality. She was glad to hear that they were on the same page. "I'll have to take you up on that -- the weather in Torchline is beautiful. When it's not monsooning, I suppose."

Juniper considered Sunjata's question, her eyes a bit distant as she thought about it. "Well, this is my home -- I've never known anything else. Living in the Greatwood ... There's a sense of harmony with our environment; the wood takes care of us. We live as a part of the forest, not trying to tame or protect ourselves from it. But my people can also be very insular, and we have long memories. If the Fae decide they don't like you, well, your grandchildren may still feel their wrath."

She spoke from experience, of course: ostracized because of her grandfather's beliefs. Beliefs she now followed, to see him and herself vindicated -- though the jury was still out on whether she'd succeed.

And that last bit offered an opening to the subject that Juniper had really intended to speak of: "I saw that. I know there were things going on that I'm ignorant of, but I just wanted to ask: are you all right? How is your husband?"
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 03-19-2021, 08:03 PM