back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper nodded, solemnly, at Sunjata's doubts. As desperate as she felt to prevent war, she knew quite well that it would probably come anyway. Sometimes she felt ready to despair -- what could one small Fae possibly do in the face of the forces grinding against each other in Caido? Being here in the embassy helped with that feeling -- it reminded her that, one small Fae or not, she'd created this place, at least, something tangible. She could do something. "It's ... worth planning for that contingency. But if we don't try to stop the coming war, then we truly have no chance of succeeding. And I do know I'm not the only one seeking to forestall conflict -- I saw a message on the Grounds' Notice Board, recently, trying to promote peace between Old Gods and New. Too bad it was anonymous; I'd like to speak to the author."

With a rueful smile, Juniper nodded again. "For a certain portion of the Fae, my actions in this job have only confirmed the traitorous tendencies they always suspected. Some people are impossible to get through to -- but not everyone, I have to believe. And then it's a matter of ... maneuvering around the impossible people, I suppose."
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 03-25-2021, 08:32 PM