back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper nodded at Sunjata's desire to stay neutral -- and at his doubts that he would be permitted to do so. Though his unwilling involvement might be to her side's advantage -- she assumed, from the way he spoke, that he would find himself forced to join the Old Gods and their followers -- she was sorry to see Sunjata, and the land he ruled, dragged into a war they didn't want. She was sorry to see all Caido dragged into a war that it seemed most of them didn't want.

"That does place you in an awkward situation," Juniper agreed, though she notices -- well, she asked him about how Torchline would move, and he answered with his personal struggles. She has a feeling that the coastal land's sailors and smugglers wouldn't all just fall in line with their Governor the moment he picked a side. Still, she said nothing of this to Sunjata; if he took the question as a personal inquiry, that was fine. "I hope you bargain well, and that your family weathers whatever's to come."

If only she could have seen the future ...

Another nod as the conversation turned to the Greatwood. "You could call the attack on the Mathair the first skirmish of the coming war, if you cared to. I suspect some Fae will. If we'd originally entertained any possibility of tolerating the Voice -- of even neutrality -- that attack destroyed it."
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 03-29-2021, 10:34 PM