[SE] I do not exist to silently agree
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us
Of course he knows. Of course he knows. Nate doesn’t need it thrown in his face, doesn’t need to be reminded that this is fucked up beyodn anything he can deal with. ”I know.” He snaps, clenching his teeth and lifting a hand to brush back through his hair. He takes a moment, tries to shake the sharp sting of emotions away, and tries again, softer. ”I know. I’m... not, really.” A huff of laughter leaves him, hollow and distant as a gathering storm. His free hand reaches out to find a place on Melita’s shoulder, squeezing gently. ”I just don’t have time for it right now.” For a breakdown, for a big emotional whatever. It’s coming, faster and faster, but as long as he can hold it off he will.

”You’re not the one who should have to deal with it anyway.” It wasn’t her thoughtless hands that had put him in this state, after all. ”But... thank you.” For caring, for trying to point out the unfairness of it all. It does help, in some small way, to make him feel less insane for his emotions.

Nate half expects more drama, more heartbreak with this revelation, but the honeybee girl surprises him in the best way. A simple congratulations drops from her, and Nate immediately leans in to wrap her up in a four armed hug. ”Thank you.”

Peace like this can’t last long, not with Nate in the state he is, not with the world in the state it is. Nate leans back, some serious slant in his one eyed gaze, in the downward bend of his lips. ”I don’t want this to... change anything.” At least not any more than it already did. He’s well aware of his nieces divine allegiances, of what it could mean.
these, our bodies, possessed by light
Tell me we'll never get used to it
NATE

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Melita - 03-11-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: [SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Nate - 03-24-2021, 03:08 PM