[se] with a sense of poise and rationality
open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
Following after Noah, she pulls up the roofing and tosses the pieces over the edge, each slat of wood clattering loudly to the ground in the working silence that surrounds the two of them. And you know what? That’s actually just fine with Wessex. She’s quite happy to work without any tension in the air, and when Noah asks her a questions, she’s almost surprised to hear him speak again.

“I think so,” she dares to border hopeful, straddling worry while stepping over denial - if only because it has to be true. “The Grounds was littered with parts when the sun rose. That’s never happened before. If the bodies weren’t retrieved then… I can only assume so.” But of course it’s always possible that they weren’t able to get them all. Maybe a couple left?

“We won’t know for sure till next LongNight. In the meantime, we’ve somehow managed to psis off the Sparkbird, and I have no idea why it was attacking u, because that's never happened before either. Or if it'll will come back next year.” She has to laugh at that, because if she doesn’t, she might just scream or cry instead. Something -anything- to ease the wire-tight tension inside her, because this word-vomit doesn’t seem to be stopping.

Noah asked - and the flood came, this house the ark keeping her aloft in the rushing waters of bitterness and frustration.

“And even though we may have gotten rid of something that’s been killing Grounders for centuries, everyone seems to be upset about something.” She pulls a little too roughly, sending this board flying, much like the nail did. “But no one will talk about it.”

So it turns out the Ascended are just like a real, dysfunctional family after all.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Wessex - 03-25-2021, 08:12 PM