[split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
You won't go lonely into this fight, if you just hold me we will survive
Somber tones overtake Wessex's voice, and it resonates painfully in Hotaru's chest. Yes, strength is a messy scrabble in these parts, where death awaits you in a variety of ways if you are found lacking. It must be inconceivably harder as a demigod of The Voice, especially with the mounting tensions between the Gods. "So long as it means you're safe." A cold comfort, but one Hotaru sleeps side by side with every night. Grateful that her loved ones still live even as she mourns the lost peace and innocence they all deserve.

There are certainly no complaints to be had on her behalf as Wessex comes to her side, hands still clasped. Hotaru is a creature meant for touch. It is a language all of its own, one she employs readily, and her devotion is plainly read by those with keen eyes in how she gravitates around Wessex. The Wraith is a forcefield all of her own making and Hotaru is grateful to be held dear enough to be let into those sacred places, close enough to harm but trusted to never do so.

The question is not unexpected. Admittedly Hotaru knew it was coming the moment the foliage had parted to reveal Wessex's proud features beyond. It is no hardship to share, to repeat the tale anew, not when she knows that it comes from a place of love. "The sickness that came after our journey, it struck me hard. I recall leaving the house and walking towards the beach, hearing voices and seeing things that could not be." Begging her to find them, reaching out through the haze of illness and convincing her that all she had lost could be reclaimed. "Everything after that is no more than vague shapes. Atlas took care of me, though I assume I was still capable of keeping myself mostly alive. I woke in the Wilds, and when I made it back to Torchline I was told many seasons had already gone by." Petal mouth downturns at the corners, regret still heavy on her heart at that. "My partners had married, Kiada had been reborn, and LongNight was hours away. It was all very difficult to come to terms with." Therein lies the assumption that she has, and she most certainly has not.

Gaze returning from where it wandered back to Wessex, Hotaru gives a small smile. "I heard of what you did during LongNight. I was so worried for you, but I'm glad you succeeded." Hotaru had only suffered through one LongNight of real note, where she had lost Rexanna, but it was certainly enough to make a mark.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor - by Hotaru - 03-26-2021, 05:55 AM