[split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
You won't go lonely into this fight, if you just hold me we will survive
Her disgust is evenly shared, a sardonic quirk of her lips assuring the woman that the lightning girl is right on board and more than aware of the emotions the queen is projecting. It is a liberating communion of disappointment, a reminder that her side is not completely unheard. That as much as she vies for power, at least she was not so weak as to give unflinching loyalty to a goddess that had done little to earn it. And certainly she would never elevate it over the free will and desires of loved ones, not if it could be avoided.

Hotaru projects a hoarse bark of a laugh, the bitterness as equally shared. “I feel we’ve earned a little self-pity, even if we only indulge in it now.” Her hand squeezes around Wessex’s. The woman has suffered so much as well, and Hotaru’s name certainly doesn’t too the charts, but she feels responsible in some minuscule way all the same. Wishes that Wessex could escape the burdens of her position and find someone who could appreciate her in all her glory, unfettered and free. Just as she wishes the same for Deimos in the wake of Amalia’s cruelty. But she cannot bring about these things for either of them and that is the real burden to bear.

Hotaru is distracted from replying by Wessex lifting her hand to squint at the horizon, turning and following her gaze to the vague movement on the horizon. Empty hand twitching towards the dagger she had once carried on her belt, now empty after stabbing it into Sunjata’s thigh and abandoning it. Her own eyes narrow and lips pull into a frown. She is just as distracted, taking the question at face value and far from offended. Deimos had asked the exact same thing of her. It’s almost amusing, the similarities between their thoughts for all they dislike each other. “I don’t believe so. Certainly not for me, and if being denied his agency and forced into fatherhood is not enough to shake their bond, well...” she comes back to herself enough to sigh, gaze still distant if for different reasons now. “I wouldn’t hold out for it. Even with the pull of the Voice on your side.”
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor - by Hotaru - 04-19-2021, 12:19 AM