(SEASONAL EVENT) Through a glass darkly
Seiji Okura
Musician

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
S E I J I
"Maybe." Seiji's mouth quirks as he contemplates. "But I do not know many songs." Any songs, for that matter. He remembers melody — sometimes more than one. Though there is a certain tune his thoughts return to when he allows them to wander. "I can try," he says with a shrug. He hopes Remi might join him once he begins. The man's voice can't be so terrible — his speech is pleasant enough.

So Seiji allows his attention to focus inward for a time, contemplating. What had the others sung about? Old things, stories almost. Why can't he remember any? He tries to search back, his thoughts threading along that colder, haunting melody he returns to so often. Perhaps he never sang in his previous life. Perhaps the music was all wordless, like the voices of birds. He sighs, and begins to hum a simple melody in the back of his throat. He lets it wind up, build into something, before he adds the words. Simple words, like those of a children's song. "Spring is coming soon, but for now the cold wind blows, Through the fields and over water, Everywhere it goes..." and on, the words becoming easier to find, a stubborn memory unraveling like a knotted ball of string.

He has been so busy concentrating he failed to notice the brush of Remi's magic, at first. But now his eyes are up, Seiji spies the shoots of green near their feet. He stumbles between one word and the next, his eyes going wide. Shoots a glance at Remi, as if to say, you did this? and laughs. "Better than mine!" he says, cheerful, and motions toward the settlement. "Should we see if they will come with us?" he wonders, prepared to start singing again, however silly, if it helps to guide the deer where they are needed most.
The rain is full
of ghosts tonight

Messages In This Thread
(SEASONAL EVENT) Through a glass darkly - by Remi - 01-28-2019, 07:07 PM
RE: (SEASONAL EVENT) Through a glass darkly - by Seiji - 02-14-2019, 05:14 AM