crave the applause yet hate the attention
Maeveeeee
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Does it make her smarter? Is she really that much better off from all of them? From the ones who have been blessed by the gods or tasked with trying to set the world straight? She isn't so sure. Maeve lowers herself so she's sitting cross-legged in the sand. Maeve listens to him talk, still petting the griffin's belly just to have something to do with her hands. When he offers the cigarette Maeve takes it, lighting it off of his before bringing it up to her lips. He smiles and she's always had a soft spot for those damned fangs. Her cheeks flush and she takes a drag from the cigarette to distract herself.

"I don't know that it makes me smarter... I mean, I guess I'm smart for not getting tangled up with the gods or the war or adventuring. Maybe I'm smart for not bothering to care about all that." She's talking mostly to herself, trying to sort her thoughts as she talks. Her accent seems thicker now. Maybe it has to do with the tightness in her chest or the nerves swirling in her belly. Maeve heaves a sigh, blowing out the smoke to be carried off by the barely there breeze. Her fingers are barely moving through Haai's fur at this point. Instead it is just a small back and forth motion as her eyes glaze over.

"I met two people. Two people who I really like and care about. They're making me think about what I'm doing with my life. Who I am. If I could be something more. They're reminding me of things I want. Love, a real family, to be wanted. These things feel so small. So unimportant when there is a war close to breaking out and gods who play with our lives and I just-" The words catch in her throat, feeling lodged and unable to go any further before she forces them out because if she doesn't say something about it then she might lose her mind.  "I don't know how wanting to focus on those things makes me smarter." Her eyes close and she feels like she might cry. Why does this make her feel so ridiculous? So stupid? So overwhelmed with things she wants, but doesn't know if she can have. A life that doesn't feel like it's made for her.
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending

Messages In This Thread
RE: crave the applause yet hate the attention - by Maeve - 03-14-2021, 02:42 AM