how many of us are on the cusp, on the verge?
Cameron!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

“Yes,” she answers, gesturing towards a chair, in case they’d like to sit. “I have a favor to ask of you. You don’t have to say yes, but if you don’t I hope that you can keep the request private.” A sufficiently cryptic introduction if there ever was one. Her gaze drifts again to the fire before shaking off the pull and trying to refocus on Cameron.

“This might take a bit of explaining, so please, feel free to sit. There’s a man in Torchline, Ronin, who’s recruiting soldiers to join a group called the Dragoons. The Dragoons are the soldiers of Stormbreak, and allied with another group called the Order. Now, the Order’s mission is to kill all the Ascended and get rid of the Voice, so you can imagine that the Grounds is rather… wary of them. And right before you came to Caido, we started the process of trying to protect the Grounds to keep the Order out. Nothing violent, just a barrier around the perimeter so they can’t enter.”

It would keep the Grounds and anyone in it safe from their wrath - no small victory, and Wessex pauses here so that they might be able to think through what she’s just told them.

“But in order to do that, we need a Grounder to see an Order member’s compass or ring in use. Which is difficult, because we don’t know who they are. Ronin, however… if he’s recruiting for the Dragoons, there’s a very good chance he might be in the Order now, and if he isn’t, then at least we might learn something. Because the thing about the Dragoons is… he’s looking specifically for those who are Accepted…”

The conclusion to this short (but definitely still complicated) story should be obvious, but the Queen will say it anyway. “And you’re the only Accepted who lives in the Grounds. So I wa hoping you might be willing to pretend to be interested in joining the Dragoons, as a way to if not see a compass or ring, then get more information.”

After dropping that bomb, Wessex stills and waits for the inevitable questions, of which she's sure there will be many.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
RE: how many of us are on the cusp, on the verge? - by Wessex - 03-15-2021, 05:12 PM