Hollowing souls, blood on the breeze

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

"I do too." Safrin said somberly, the beauty melting from her expression and leaving only the hollow galactic remnants that probably truly deserved to be called an old witch. "I am tired of seeing this same patch of sky, night after night, decade after decade." The goddess murmured in a low tone. She did not join Ludo on the branch, but merely looked up. She knew them all by heart and she longed for something else.

Gently Safrin shrugged. "I answer what they ask of me. If they are not ready to ask the right questions, then they are not ready to hear the answers that they seek."

For a moment the deity said nothing. Instead, she simply regarded the stars. Pinpoints of light sparkled more brightly, and for a moment she thought to retrace some of the constellations from when the pair were infinitely younger. Now those stars and stories were the stuff of legends. Civilizations and romances had been built on them. But Safrin was tired and old and Ludo? Well. They were a dark thing with no need for her starlight and stories.

"Asked? And would you really have told him no?" She scoffed rhetorically, and yet there was a lingering question. If they had been asked, would any of them have said no? Could they have? "And it matters because we are not meant to let them leave."

Centuries ago she would have cried heresy for having such thoughts. Now a mere 300 or so years later and she was already waffling this much.

Messages In This Thread
Hollowing souls, blood on the breeze - by Safrin - 01-28-2019, 08:53 PM
RE: Hollowing souls, blood on the breeze - by Safrin - 01-29-2019, 08:58 PM