in these trying times we're not trying
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
maybe i'm a runaway train, maybe i'm a feather in a hurricane
He is worrying of course, her fingers tightening around his own doing little to assuage his guilt. Perhaps it's because this place reminds him so much of the ones he spent the majority of his evenings and mornings in as a boy that has Remi reverting back to such an easily-flustered idiot. He doesn't know, but he wishes he could find a way to untie both his stomach and his tongue from the knots that they both find themselves bound by.

Watching her as she rises and reveals a pre-drawn bath, Remi reaches for his tea, taking a sip that's far too ambitious and burning his tongue in the process. With a wince he sets the cup back down as quietly as he can as soon as Maeve begins to speak, not wanting to interrupt. His smile is soft and sad, but surprisingly understanding. "I can believe it." Remi replies, and despite everything thus far, he's able to meet her stare with an unwavering one of his own, if only for a few seconds.

"Growing up after my mother died, my father spent a lot of time in places like this. Well," Remi shakes his head with a hollow laugh. "-much worse places. The woman were so kind to me, even though it was my own father who left many of the bruises they carried with them down the stairs in the morning." He looks down, his eyes resting somewhere near Maeve's knees perhaps, as he sighs. "I never understood that." He never understood how there could be such kindness in places of such cruelty.

"Where I came from...there was a big emphasis on reproduction. We were building a new society, and so...being gay was punishable by death." His cheeks are flushed now, but it's more out of anger and resentment, the colour climbing into his curls. "Every woman I had ever been with was..." But the words slip away as she draws near, leaning over him and drawing his chin up. For as strong as he is, Remi is easily lead, and it's with a naive curiosity that he blinks up at her.

'How?' The word is no more than a breath as if Remi's lips are paralyzed by the fingertip brushed against them. The how is obvious, but in Remi's mind he's stupidly envisioned some magical device that might just tell him the answer.
THE LULLABY
maybe it's a long gray game, but maybe that's a good thing
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
in these trying times we're not trying - by Remi - 03-17-2021, 04:29 PM
RE: in these trying times we're not trying - by Remi - 03-18-2021, 04:40 PM