your blood's as good an ink as any
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
I could take all that you love, I could be death from above
There is a hook in her navel that tugs as Nate's voice reaches out, monotone and swallowed up by the shriek of her lightning and the rage that buzzes like hornets in her ears. A whisper that curls like smoke up her throat, reminding her that she is not the only wounded party here. After all her beloved has been through, it hurts to know that she is forcing him yet again to put his own emotions aside to help ground her, but that knowledge does nothing to stop the Valkyrie from plunging her sorry excuse for a gift into Sunjata's thigh. Should've been his dick, she thinks viciously to herself. Any other thoughts are swept away as Nate's arms come around her waist, hauling her backwards with comparatively little effort. He is strong, so strong now, and she vibrates in his hold like she'll soon shake right out of her skin. Shed what's left of this weak human vessel and become nothing but iridescent rage and lightning.

She clings to Nate's arm, her fingers clamping down in a way that would instantly bruise others, and she screams in a long fit of wordless rage until the air runs dry in her lungs. Hotaru must surely look crazed; hair aloft with electricity, blood smearing her hand, a feral sort of murderous expression in her gaze. All the same, Hotaru doesn't fight Nate as he pulls her away. No matter how badly she wants to make Sunjata hurt, she can't bear to turn that damage onto Nate in the process even just through incidental friendly fire. It's unclear whether she's clinging to the demigod's arm for support or in an attempt to try and break free of his hold with how she strains forward at Sunjata's words, but the venom is there on full display regardless.

"Fuck your bullshit apologies!" she shouts, barely able to reign in and contain her magic lest she fuck up Nate's circuitry somehow. It begs to be let out, to make use of her mastery over the element to bring this entire house crumbling down around their heads. It is nothing but a mockery of family, of unfulfilled promises and inevitable betrayals. It's a monument to the sham they have become, and the fire should have wiped it out in full. "You told me you wanted children, when I never pushed you to before. You know how much that means to me! I told you how important it was to me that they wouldn't be leverage in this war. You promised you would keep Safrin as a last resort, you knew a deal with her was trouble! And you snuck away the next day and threw it all away for a goddess that wants your husband DEAD!" It howls from her throat as she watches him slump pathetically down to the floor. Predator senses light up, sensing weakness, wanting to kick him while he's down. Nate's arm is like iron around her waist though, and even his quiet pleas can't stop her yet. Not when this is the best way she can fill him in while twisting the more metaphorical knife to make Sunjata hurt. "You brought a fucking baby into this! A baby! They aren't deals to be made, they aren't leverage! They're children, and you doomed them just like your fucking father did. Fuck you!" The thought makes her viscerally ill, stomach churning in a way that would ensure her vomiting all over their kitchen floor if the rage didn't act as such an effective stopper.

Her struggles slow, body halfway turning towards Nate and grasping with numb fingers at his clothes, angry tears finally filling her eyes but refusing to fall. She wants so badly to hide in him, to find solace before the rage consumes her and leaves her an empty husk, but she can't. "And Nate doesn't need to be fixed! Or changed! You really think she'd save him? What does that even mean to you?!" The rage returns anew on Nate's behalf, as protective now against her lover as she always was against strangers. It feels wrong, to have to defend Nate against Sunjata in some way, but the wolf inside her claws for the surface and demands retribution for wrongs committed against her family. The perpetrator means nothing in the scheme of things. Hotaru isn't even sure who she's looking at anymore.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
your blood's as good an ink as any - by Sunjata - 03-18-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Hotaru - 03-19-2021, 01:37 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 02:16 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 05:12 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-20-2021, 01:20 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-21-2021, 08:26 AM