your blood's as good an ink as any
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
i heard you say you weren't born of our blood
He can’t find better words to put in his mouth. He fails and flounders again and again. And anything he does say simply will get turned back around on him. Just like before. Just like Korofi. And perhaps that’s what he needs to do to try and keep the barbs from spinning, from striking deep within him – perhaps that’s what the dragon shift within him shows as it passes over his tattooed skin. “You’re right. I didn’t have to.” But then what? They faced each other and regardless of how many times they’ve told themselves and their gods they wouldn’t hurt one another…

They would. Somehow. Someway. Safrin’s words of the Voice turning Nate against him burns against that spot within his ribcage, that spot where Safrin had left her mark. Were they to simply become drones at the end of it? “That… That’s why. That’s why I did it.” He manages to tell Nate at the mention of the new demi-god not having a choice, swallowing hard and trying to gain control over his emotions, trying to pull himself together and pick himself up by those proverbial bootstraps and shakes his head as the arms drop away, as Nate holds Hotaru close, as her words burn and spin and Nate’s break and tear.

I know, but it was the only option I had.” He tells Hotaru, regaining some semblance of himself, shaking his horned head as if he’s trying to push the self wallowing aside – that can come later. That always comes later. “And I know I didn’t talk to either of you. But you couldn’t have protected me, Nate.” Gods it hurts, it kills him inside to say it. “Neither could you Hotaru.” His gaze dances between them as Nate drops to sit on the floor and brings Hotaru with him.

Sunjata’s left standing, left keeping his distance, left half becoming man and half becoming dragon. “We were always going to have to choose. All of us. And I couldn’t… She wouldn’t have let me stay neutral or choose the Voice. She attuned me, she could take it all away, she could take me away.” And she hadn’t, though Sunjata doesn’t dare consider even bringing it up to his goddess of the stars. "I never meant for this to happen." His mask begins to fracture again. “I’m so, so sorry.” He says again, eyes falling to the floor, unsure whether he should stay or he should go, unsure whether he should take to the skies and come back when things had settled, or to an empty home.

But the wedding ring still stands on Nate’s hand and Sunjata doesn’t dare take his off until Nate says it’s over.

It was done out of love. He’d only ever considered it because of love. And as always, it crushes him again and again. Only this time they live and it’s only the hurt he’s caused them to face. Though they all know it’s nothing he could ever atone for.

He decides to stay, for the moment, backing up until his wings and back hit the wall of their stone living room, drawing his wings in tight around him so he can take that mask off, alone, closing himself off, pressing the heels of his palm to his eyes until he regains some semblance of himself. The wings withdraw a fraction, their pointed tips aimed toward the sky. "Should I go?" He asks through a voice that's hoarse, tight with emotion, aimed at Hotaru and Nate - unsure which answer would be worse.
i know we're the crooked kind
but you're crooked too, boy, and it shows
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
your blood's as good an ink as any - by Sunjata - 03-18-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-18-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 12:10 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 02:16 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 05:12 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-19-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Sunjata - 03-19-2021, 07:00 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-20-2021, 01:20 AM
RE: your blood's as good an ink as any - by Nate - 03-21-2021, 08:26 AM