(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
Everyone’s expectations - including his, if she thinks back to the times they’d gone head-to-head about the Monsters and getting rid of them. Do this, don’t do this, save the Grounds, but put her family at risk, open a portal, bear the fallout, keep the babies safe. “Yep. As many people have told me lately, you just can’t please everyone. But it’ll be nice to hand that responsibility off and do what I do best.” Looking directly at Sam, she grins, suddenly quite amused with herself. “Stabbing people. And teaching others to stab people.”

Get it? Cause - yeah. He probably gets it.

Regardless, there’s something sad to her about the bookworm not making any more books. He has a point - that it seems fruitless - but it’s sad nonetheless. When they reach a fork in the road, Wessex stops and looks up towards Theskyra House and then back towards Sam. This is her stop. “I’ll do everything I can to make sure you can make books again. And I’ll see you at the Underground, yeah?”

Like hell she was going to miss an opportunity to explore.
WESSEX
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Wessex probably thought her stabbing joke was hilarious, but from Sam all she got was a polite smile that covered up a quite offended taken-aback stare. Maybe there was still a little work to do before they'd entirely understand each other. Anyway, in the interests of keeping their current peace going, he let it slide.

Her promise of working for him to make more books brought a more genuine smile of appreciation; Sam nodded and wrung his hands together, daring for a second to let himself imagine a future after the war where he could once again peacefully work on his craft. "Yes. I'll see you then. It was...nice, to talk to you." A bizarre sentence to leave his mouth for Wessex, but it was true.

With that said, all that was left to do was turn and head back to his shop, a slightly befuddled but not displeased expression on his face.

{FIN}
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load