(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Sam didn't disagree with what Wessex said, though hearing it out loud he had to wonder if they were biased unfairly; surely those that worshipped the Old Gods would have a way to blame it all on the Voice. Maybe this was his problem, always wanting to consider everyone's side; that kind of doubt had lead to his deserting the Voice the year before. Unwavering faith was not Sam's strength, not even when he knew the Voice's love well; his mind would always wander and doubt.

In the coming years there probably wouldn't be a lot of room for that doubt, he knew.

"I'm sure the Voice has solutions we haven't thought of too." After all, it was her technology; he was sure she wouldn't have built it without safety measures if they were needed. It really was the height of hypocrisy that those opposed to the Voice and her advancements would use her portals to further their goals, but the Old Gods and their servants had never been interested in sense. He sighed and rubbed at his eye as they walked along.

Encouraging words from Wessex were not what he was expecting (though he supposed they were what he was looking for). "..You're right. I'm worried there aren't enough of us strong enough to fight the Demi-Gods aligned to the Old Gods though. Remi...Ronin...Amalia...I've seen them fight. I've seen their strength. You could be their equal, but I don't know if we have anyone else that is."
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 05-25-2021, 05:36 PM