(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Wessex stopped and sat, asked him to pause with her; Sam was for a second suspicious, wary old memories returning...but the conversation had been going well so far and he did want to hear what she had to say, so he obediently sat next to her, hands on his knees, looking across to see if she would try and bring him comfort about their chances in the war.

She listed names of fighters, some of them people he didn't expect. He'd honestly assumed Neron to be weak and only good with his voice, thought that Edy was too disenfranchised to fight for them; maybe he was wrong. Wessex, after all, was more strategically minded and had probably seen them in action. Healers he understood, and Bastien and Kiada, while neither of them were people he knew particularly well, were obviously the ambassadors of the Ascended.

That Amalia couldn't kill was news to him. Sure, she was under Vi, but Sam had little faith in the Old God's principles. Ronin and Remi were another thing entirely; that they were enemies still tugged on his heart. "Ronin can be manipulated? How do you mean? He already has a child with Safrin..." As far as he knew, the man was well and truly aligned to the other side.

The question turned back on him gave Sam pause. What did he bring to the family? A part of him wanted to ask Wessex what she thought (it would at least be interesting to hear what she'd say) but he could tell that wasn't what she was wanting. "I think...I'm good at helping organise support. At helping people when they're recovering, or at trying to make the best of something bad. I...I'd like to think I'm kind, which must count for something?" It was obvious he was struggling with this question, his fingers tapping out nervous little beats on his knees.
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 05-29-2021, 08:19 PM