(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
In her heart of hearts, yes, the demigod does think that her patroness wants the war, but there are some things she can’t - and won’t put in their Lady’s mouth. “I think…” she begins carefully, “That She’s eager to bring all this nonsense with the heralds and Old Gods to an end. And She wants to see us free, bright, and without worry. The only way to achieve that is to make them acknowledge Her as an equal.” And Sam can draw opinions and assumptions from that, but she is very careful not to call the Voice a warmonger.

After he gives his promise to fight, Wessex reaches over and clasps a hand briefly, covering his with a squeeze. “Thank you.” Simple and heartfelt, there’s a weight to it that she hopes he understands - an acknowledgement that she knows that decision is not easy for him.

“I am too,” pulling her hand back, she looks out again at the Grounds and worries her bottom lip a bit, fangs sliding over the edge. “I’m scared I’ll make a bad decision. I’m scared I’ll lose you all. I’m scared we aren’t prepared.” Sighing, something steels in her - that infamous resolve to keep going. “But that doesn’t stop me from doing all that I can to prevent those things from happening.”

It's okay to be scared. It's not okay to let fear paralyze them.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Wessex - 06-19-2021, 09:57 PM