(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"No one can." Sam replied, almost instantly, seeing in Wessex a self-doubt that he knew himself all too well; it felt wrong to see a glimpse of it in someone strong, someone that had become their de facto leader. Whether he always agreed with her or not, Sam respected Wessex for her determination and strength; to see it falter was enough to make him anxious, even when just for a moment.

Gently pushing himself off the wall, Sam nodded and began to walk with her back towards the town. "I imagine it's...hard to have so many people's expectations on you." He didn't think it was a role he could ever hope to take on; the pressure of having to deliver for everyone in the Grounds would destroy him.

Gravel crunching under his feet and his fingers messing with the hem of his shirt when Wessex asked about his book, Sam finally replied: "Well...with everything, I just kind of...stopped working on new books. But I've been meaning to get back to it. It just feels so pointless to work on them when there's a war coming, you know?"
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 07-06-2021, 06:27 PM