(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

For the first weeks after Longnight, Sam had been busy getting his own shop back to a running state; now that it was recovered from the fire and actually a little better for it, he had turned his attentions out to the Grounds at large, offering help where he could and trying to recover them all from what had been a stressful and destructive event.

He'd also been working on his ideas of a peace coalition, an idea he held close to his heart and kept secret from most, worried that those determined to have war would rip it from him. Possibly unfairly, he had assumed Wessex would be one of them, and had not approached her about it. In fact, other than the portal work in the Climb, he hadn't spoken to the Queen at all; they had a past and he often felt that he was an annoyance to her.

(And unlike most times, when it was his paranoid mind telling him that, Sam believed this one was actually real).

He was walking back from a spot in the ruins where he'd been helping a herb salesman recover some rare stock from cracks in the stone when he too heard the buzzing sound. Sam paused, frowning as he tried to work out what it was; probably bugs, but he'd been in far too much danger in the last year to dismiss anything unknown in Sanctuary. Walking around to the entrance he opened the door to peek in; he did not expect to see Wessex, lasers active, frying wasps.

The door had creaked when he'd moved it, so there really wasn't any pretending he wasn't there and just leaving. Blinking as he watched the wasps fall to the ground, he said quietly: "Well, um. I came to see what the noise was, but it seems you have it handled?"
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 04-01-2021, 07:30 PM