(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
Now there’s a name she’s not heard in a long time (probably because those who would use it to shame the Voice have left), so it does make her listen a little harder to what Sam says. “Don’t know much, other than he was one of the early Ascended. He and the Spire Monster were used as examples of the Voice abandoning her children…” Which, to be fair, if one wasn’t familiar with the Voice’s practicality, one might agree.

Even knowing her practicality regarding her children, it’s difficult for Wessex to think about. Slowly, she continues along that train of thought. “What do you think helping him would look like…?”

Because what if, like dying Grounds and diseased livestock, the best thing they could do for the Prince is end his suffering and thereby end his life? Release his spirit back to their Lady.

A few more good shovefuls of turning and mixing the dirt bring Wessex to what she thinks is a good end and she lays down her tool at the next question. “Well… I guess that really begs the question can they determine which person is which race. Some species obviously can - luxere, our own companions - but even then there are outliers. Like starwhales. You’d think they wouldn’t like Ascended, yet there’s Nate and Pemota. Or dragons. The Dragoons in Stormbreak bond with dragons and use them as fighting partners, but here I am with Loki.”

Frowning, she pauses to mull over it a bit more, crossing her arms over her chest and looking up to a corner of the shed as if it might have the answers.. “I don’t think it’s an Ascended thing. I think we may just have been the only people around this year. We haven’t had the  numbers or a presence like this in three hundred years, so I can’t - I think just Grounders in general are a far more likely target.”
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Wessex - 04-15-2021, 04:12 PM