(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

The gentleness coming from Wessex was a surprise, Sam having come to associate her with hard and unforgiving practicality; he looked over with a couple of blinks, surprised enough to just listen in silence. When she was finished he nodded, frowned at the dirt beneath while he wished he could say anything she'd said was wrong. "I just don't know how we got here. Only a couple of years ago, I felt like we were all...not perfect, but learning to get along. Then somewhere it just...went wrong."

Had he fallen short somewhere? Had the Ascended made the wrong choices, had the wrong conversations? Would any of it had mattered, if the Gods were determined to have their war? These questions would be on Sam's mind for a long time.

Walking with her when prompted to, he nodded at Wessex's addition. "Maybe we could...give people we trusted something that would allow them to pass through. Some kind of object - the Voice would be able to do that, right?" She could make all kinds of things, so he didn't see why not...though ideally it wouldn't be too visible, in case it got too dangerous for their allies to be known.

"You..." Sam sighed, hoping he wasn't about to be laughed at. "You know, you and I are the strongest of the Ascended. You much more so than me, obviously, but I feel responsible. Like I should be some kind of leader or protector - but I don't know what I'm doing."
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 05-19-2021, 06:13 PM