a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
His name had hardly left her lips when he surged forward. Automatically her arms wrapped around him. And though she should have crumpled as well beneath his weight, she found the burden manageable. Hardly noticable really. She might have pondered it more - how odd it was that he didn't feel any thinner than she remembered and yet somehow he weighed very little - but other things were currently more worthy of her brainpower.

"I'm alive? You're alive!" she said, arms wrapped securely around his face. The Nightingale was so taken aback her own emotions had yet to rise. Where had he gone? And where had he come from? And when, precisely??

But then memories of monsters who could take any familiar form rose in her mindseye, and she shoved him back to arms length. A critical eye ran over him, looking for anything out of place. It wasn't Longnight, nor was she in the Hollowed Grounds... but stranger things had happened in Caido. Like spending several seasons in a chrysalis to transform into a demigod. "What was the gift you made me for my birthday?" she said. The armband had not been common knowledge, so only the real Harper would know.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Phoebe - 03-19-2021, 11:46 PM