a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her body is warm and perfectly familiar as he takes her into his arms, clutching her close as he tries in vain not to squeeze her too hard, unaware of the new strength of the body she's in. A sense of rightness finally falls across him. All that time wandering, lost to the sickness, and the loneliness of the time between waking and finding her seems to unfold in front of him and finally burn up into ashes. No longer holding the strength to haunt him now that he has her back at last.

He's alive? "What? Yes, of course I'm alive," he laughs, overwhelmed and reluctant to part from her as she pulls back. Sympathy comes on a second wave, recalling all she has lost and how easily Caido seems to snuff out the flame of life. He had thought they'd both been afflicted at the same time, but perhaps that was wrong.

It causes an itch beneath his skin to let her move back and look at him, wanting to hold on tight and never let her leave his sight ever again. That possessiveness may pose a problem later admittedly. Still, her question is understandable, and commonplace even in his old world when working with shapeshifters and magic. Smiling because he knows he can't get this one wrong, he lifts a hand to tuck her hair behind her ear, thumb caressing the soft skin of her cheek. "A new gown, and an arm band of gold with an opal stone. I gave it to you on the beach, the same day I told you I loved you." His smile finally returns, bright and beaming, as if the dark clouds had never haunted him in her absence.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-20-2021, 12:06 AM