a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her condemnation takes him aback, confusion apparent in the line that forms between his dark brows as they furrow. Blue eyes search hers, not letting the words hurt when he knows they're untrue. "I would never leave you willingly," he assures instead, because there is still the matter of his identity to confirm. There will be time to tell her why - it will come soon, in fact - but Harper can't let her go a moment longer thinking he would ever part from her side of his own, clear-headed volition. Hopes that it will comfort her in the moments between where he proves himself to be real.

"It's really me. But what cookies did you bring me with my tea when you visited my room in the Halenani?" It's only fair to ask the same, if only to prove even more definitively that these memories they share are real. None of the workers had known Phoebe had slipped away to his room that night, and she had been the one to bake them. Even still, he knows she's real just by his answer being right, and so he continues to cup her face with a loving smile. Ready to explain regardless, but needing to assuage all possible fears and suspicions first.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-20-2021, 12:33 AM