a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her answer is exactly as he'd counted on, and though her emotional state makes him hesitate to kiss her outright, he can't help leaning forward to press his lips to her forehead. It's hard not to linger, to pepper kisses all over her face and down her skin until no area has escaped this expression of his love, but she has questions that he needs to answer.

"I got, well, sick I think. The people here said it afflicted more than a few people, regardless of where we lived. One moment I was in the Halenani, the next I was...hallucinating, I think? It was like the longest, weirdest dream I'd ever had." Discomfiting to say the least, and he frowns as he recalls it. Harper has never done drugs past the recreational stuff in his teens, but he certainly isn't inclined to try after all that nonsense. "When I woke up - got better, I don't know - I had no idea where I was. When I finally made it back to Torchline, the girls at the Halenani said it had been seasons. And you..." here his voice goes tight, gaze refocusing to stare down at her with a raw sort of desperation. Only her current, live presence keeps him from revisiting how he'd taken that news. "...you were gone." His hand at her waist squeezes, restless and needing to chase away the fear with the surety of her body. "I've been looking for you ever since, I was going to ask Safrin where you were if I couldn't find you in the next few days. Where were you?" Fair is fair after all, he hadn't been the only one mysteriously missing. It's almost hilarious that they'd both done it.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-20-2021, 01:16 AM