a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"I am so out of the fashion loop by now, I am not sure a faux pas can be avoided, even in clean clothes." she quipped back with a light laugh as she perused the stalls for the few things she needed. At the notion of finding another occasion to carry her around, she simply laughed. She was certain he would have plenty of opportunities, warranted or not, if only because he was looking for them.

The Nightingale smiled up at him warmly as he took her hand, glad that he didn't have anything pressing to take him away. It was still surreal after all, seeing him here, holding his hand, knowing he wasn't lost into the ether like so many in Caido seemed to be. "Good. I don't want to be rid of you." she said with a smile, content to walk back to the inn with him in comfortable silence. His presence was more gratifying than any conversation anyways.

The innkeepers didn't question or mind the midwife returning with someone in tow. Like most Torchers, they knew it was in their best interest to simply mind their own business. One could never know when nosiness could land them in the company of the ill intentioned in this tropical paradise after all. The room itself was small, simple, clearly intended for only one or two people. But it did have a lovely view of the ocean - not that it could really be avoided anywhere you went in Torchline. As she set her new things down on a chair, she glanced out the window. The skies were sunny and clear, but all too soon they would be filled with clouds and heavy downpours. "What would you think of spending monsoon season somewhere else?" she asked, looking back at him. While she was here to get her feet under her...it would be difficult to do so if she was confined to the indoors for the rest of the season.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Phoebe - 03-31-2021, 02:22 PM