(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
They can work in relative silence, and it’s almost nice, for a little bit. Almost normal. If he ignores the strange emptiness in the back of his head where Sunjata’s presence once was, it practically is normal. But the absence is a pulled tooth, a space Nate can’t help but poke and prod at, until he’s worked himself into a silent flurry, hands pulling at planks and nails in a rush, just to work through this as quickly as possible.

Sunjata’s words stop his silent work, draw Nate’s full attention, though holographic arms appear to pick up the slack. ”I don’t know what to do either. I never thought we’d be here.” Where ever here was, whatever here was. Both hands lift to rub wearily at his face, the right one bruised and swollen already. ”Do you... do you even know why I’m upset?” It’s as good a starting point as anything, and if he’s going to be the adult he’s going to make it as difficult and uncomfortable for the both of them as he possibly can.

Nate very carefully, very obviously ignores the I miss you, knowing that it will break down his walls faster than anything else. Unlike every other emotional weight, longing is one he knows how to solve, one he can solve easily, and one that will burn him to indulge in, in more ways that one.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Nate - 03-22-2021, 10:05 PM