(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
don't you know i'm no good for you?
The snarl is charged past as quickly as he can, fumbling for anything he can say. “She told me she’d never ask me to hurt you.” But who knew? He’d bounced between reasons and no reasons to doubt Safrin, and he didn’t know what side of the tightrope that left him falling on. Nate’s words sting and Sunjata finds himself tearing a hand through his hair, feathers ruffling as each barb hits him dead in the chest. “I deserve that, but you can’t say you didn’t choose your side either.” He grits his teeth, trying to clamp down on the swell of emotions that burn within him. “You’re a demigod now. You’re hers.” The Voice’s, to do whatever it was she wished him to.

We both picked our sides, Nate. And you know what? I want the Voice to win. I want her to win.” He reiterates his point, trying to strain it across. “But there was absolutely no way Safrin would let me fight against her. You have to know that.” He could say it until he’s blue in the face and somehow, somehow, he doesn’t think his husband would understand.

He takes in a shuddering breath, a step backwards until his hip hits the sawhorse and he stills there, tearing his gaze away from Nate from the space he’s sitting – wanting to comfort and hold and refraining from it because it would only make things worse. “Honestly? I don’t know.” He doesn’t know what he’d do put in Nate’s position. He can’t imagine it. And he had been the one to bring it upon him.

So he controls some of his frustration, the best he can though it’s essentially like holding onto a wet tissue, moving so that he kneels before Nate in the dirt and dune grasses outside of their home through the storm clouds. “When you Ascended, the Voice changed you. Like… Parts of you.” He begins, sucking down a sharp breath, scanning Nate’s shape for any semblance of understanding while he tries to explain it. “When I attuned, Safrin reached inside my chest, in my soul, and she changed parts of me too.

His voice cracks, his scarred face twists in his shame and sorrow. “We chose our sides long before this war with the hopes of hiding away in bunkers until it’s over, telling ourselves that it would work and it would be fine.” Exhaustion weighs on him as he shakes his head and rubs at his face, shutting his eyes tightly. “I think we knew it would be a lie.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Sunjata - 03-23-2021, 05:47 AM