[Open] some people just deserve to...
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon

I'm the lesser of two evils
Or am I, am I tricking myself nice?
"Hm." Gideon nodded as Phoebe confirmed what he thought; in his mind the Ascended were parts of the Voice, no different than her hands or lips; just as much to blame for the actions as she was. Perhaps they had once been souls worth saving or considering, but now they were only pawns to be used or destroyed. The Voice had started the Blight and spread it through the method she had; nothing had changed.

Gideon rolled his shoulders as he listened to Phoebe speak on Frey further; while he usually would not allow anyone, especially not someone so much younger and an Outlander, tell him about the Gods, he could feel the love Frey had for this one...he listened and admittedly, learned a new perspective.

Tilting his head from side to side as he took in this new information, he asked: "However...it could be said the Ascended are actively trying to destroy nature by their very existence, replacing people and things with machines and metal. We are trying to defend it - so even if we must come to war to do that...well, I would say it was necessary evil." Gideon sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, admittedly dramatizing his hesitation; he actually rather yearned for the war, for the chance to see the Ascended burn.

"I think I might need to pray to Frey myself. You've given me things to think about. I've found it...difficult to convince the young Demi Gods to join the fight with any passion; either I'm jaded or you are all too hopeful. Perhaps a little of both." Mostly talking to himself at this point, Gideon looked down and shook his head, shrugged and glanced back up. "I suppose regardless, we can agree on our love of the Gods and the world they've given us, as with this beautiful - but almost over - sunset." He gestured out over the ocean, where now the orange light was fading out over a deep blue shimmer, stars beginning to take hold overhead.
If I'm a lesser of two evils
Who's this man, who's this act I hide behind?

Messages In This Thread
[Open] some people just deserve to... - by Gideon - 03-22-2021, 10:32 PM
RE: [Open] some people just deserve to... - by Gideon - 05-01-2021, 05:20 PM