how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?
For Phoebe!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
Mature Content Warning 
i am baby
He doesn't often let himself into her room but he's trying to be spontaneous. And what's more spontaneous than lounging on your lover's bed, naked as a jay bird? Plus, he's always like the way her blankets and things feel against his skin. She's got so many pillows and soft plush things. He just likes her bed in general and he's not sure how many more times he's going to get to lounge around in it before he's shipped off.

Locke is currently stretched out on his back, half propped up on the pillows. He's idly stroking his stomach, waiting for her to come in. He's almost worried about someone else walking but like.. No one comes up here unless they're meeting with her. Well, except Remi. That was kind of fun though. That said, he doesn't want to ruin a moment with a client or something. Remi wasn't all that fussed about it (he thinks) but that doesn't mean someone else won't be. It's fine.

The door starts to open and he puts on his best sultry smirk. If only it were Maeve on the other side of the door.
LOCKE
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
If only it were Maeve on the other side of the door, indeed.

Little did he know that another woman was going up the the Madame's quarters. There was a trunk of her things that Maeve had stored away when she moved in. Since Phoebe had no plans to return to running the brothel full time, given the new charge Frey had given her, she was trying to collect the few odds and ends remaining about the brothel to move into her magic wagon. She didn't know where she would end up as part of Frey's plan (if you could call it a plan based on the very vague nature of it) and she didn't want to impede the function of the business. The workers deserved better than that and she knew Maeve would take good care of them and the place as a whole.

However, the last thing she expected upon entering the main bedroom was to see a naked man sprawled across the bed in their best impression of Frey lounging on a shrine. The Nightingale froze in place, eyes wide from the shock of it. "Uhm..." she stuttered, feeling her face turn bright red. "Did...did you get lost, sir? The open floors are downstairs..."
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i am baby
He makes a strangled noise, sitting up and vaguely trying to cover himself. Because that is not Maeve. Of course it's not Maeve. The one fucking time he tries to do something sexy for her.. His own face is red as he regards the woman. He thinks he recognizes her. Maybe not. Nah, he doesn't. Is she one of the girls? No, he doesn't think so. He knows most of the girls, at least a little. "No. No.. Not lost. Uh. Are you? 'Cause this is.. Maeve's room. You new? Never seen you before.." His voice isn't cracked at all. Nope. He's not even really upset she saw him naked. More just that she startled him and she isn't Maeve.

He pushes himself further upright, making a point of holding the blanket across his waist. "If you give me a minute, I can show you around?" It's almost like he works here. Except he doesn't. He's not even a proper customer. Just.. Maeve's bed warmer. Who.. Kind of cares about her. A little too much. It's fine.
LOCKE
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe raised a brow as the man scrambled to try and cover himself. Well this was definitely...a strange situation. "No, I'm not lost. I built this place." she said. With significant help from Frey of course, but Phoebe certainly not be getting lost in her own former establishment. "And this was my apartment before Maeve moved in. I'm Phoebe, the former Madame." she said, unable to help her giggle at the ridiculousness of the situation. Apparently Maeve used the apartment to host her own customers nowadays. Certainly different from when Phoebe occupied the space, but the new Madame was a very different person.

"I just need to grab my things she stored away...mind if I just grab that trunk there?" she said, pointing to a trunk in one of the corners. She even took a step closer to it, watching him carefully for his reaction. He was covered up enough after all! "Then I'll leave you to...whatever it was you were doing."
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
There's a little look of realization as she speaks. Phoebe? He thinks that's her name. He kind of nods his head, "Whoops.. Nice.. Place ya got here.." He never really stopped to question where she was. People come and go all the time, it's normal. But hey, she's back now! Or not! He's not entirely sure. She confirms her name and he gives her a little grin back. She doesn't seem too upset by the whole situation. "Name's Locke." Not that she'll need it, he's leaving soon. "Nice to meet ya."

He watches her take a few steps forward before kind of shifting under the blankets. He doesn't get up or anything but it's clear he's a little uncomfortable by the whole thing. Normally he'd be all for a woman finding him naked in bed but something about her being Maeve's boss? Kind of throws him off. "Oh yeah of course. I was just waiting for Maeve. I guess I should have told her I was up here. Was just trying to surprise her." He just ended up surprising Phoebe instead.
LOCKE
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe couldn't help but smirk a little as he continued to tumble over himself. How such a nervous man like him ended up with a sassy woman like Maeve was boggling...but opposites attract and whatnot she supposed! "Nice to meet you too." she said. But really, this was an awkward way to carry out a conversation, when really she had only intended to make a quick trip to grab her things!

Making use of her height, she stretched and grabbed hold of the handle on the trunk, managing to drag it to her side without having to step further into the room. But when he finally admitted he had been waiting for Maeve, she couldn't help her grin. How cute! Surely she would be impressed with this show of gall if he really was this anxious all the time. "Well I am sorry for wrecking your surprise." she said, shoving the trunk out of the room. "But it isn't all for naught yet! You just...get re-set up and I'll let Maeve know she has a present waiting." she said with a little wink. That way they would all end up getting what they wanted in the end!

But to ease his suffering in the immediate, she made quick work of leaving the room and closing the door. And he could rest assured she would make good on her promise to send Maeve his way.

~~FIN
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise