Personal Quest batten down the hatches
Open!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
We lay here for years or for hours
Your hand in my hand

Maeve looks up at Locke and a smile instantly lights up her features. Despite the fact that he’s leaving soon and the idea of that still stings, she’s unwilling to deny herself his company even if it’ll make it harder when the time comes. ”You’re always in the area, Locke. That’s nothing new. I could use the help though.” He’s already taking one of the sandbags, clearly having picked his task for the time being. ”Oh yeah? So I’m cute then?” She can’t resist teasing him, standing and ushering him towards the sand filled wheelbarrow. ”You can start filling these with sand. We’re going to need at least twenty or so if they’re going to keep water out.”

Just as she finishes instructing Locke, a person she wasn’t expecting to see and would have been happy to avoid for the rest of her days meanders up the path towards the porch. The smile on her face falters and she narrows her eyes as she looks him over. ”Are you actually here to help or just make my life hell?” It’s maybe a little more aggressive than it needs to be, but those days she was with him lost in the swamp still weigh heavy on her. It’s not something she’s been able to move past easily. She was doing alright until he showed back up and reminded her just how much she didn’t like his ‘I don’t give a fuck attitiude’.

She sighs, shaking her head as her arms cross over her chest and she’s really debating if she’s going to turn him away or not. ”If you stay, you’re going to work. The windows need to be boarded up. Think you can manage that one?” Maeve drawls, pointing towards the stack of lumber with a bag of nails and a hammer resting on top.

Just as she finishes directing the two boys in what needs to be, a third arrives and  she pauses. She doesn’t know this one. Her brows draw together, head tilting to the side as she looks her over as if trying to place her. The stranger is already plucking a new lock from the small pile of hardware and it spurns Maeve into action. ”Uh, right. Yes. I’m Maeve… That’s Locke and that’s Rigby. The sandbags and windows are covered. So that just leaves the locks for the doors. We have this one at the front and then a side door and back door that we need to put new locks on. I guess that will fall to you.” She adopts an air of authority, dishing out directions even though she has never done much of this herself. ”I’ll reinforce bags and help you tie them off, Locke. If anyone needs some help just give a shout.”

With the instructions given, Maeve rejoins Locke by the wheelbarrow and resumes her work on the sandbags. With deft fingers, she works the needle and wax thread along the seam, reinforcing them with ease before stacking them neatly for Locke to fill while the others get to work.

No posting order! You guys have your tasks!
So still and discreet
So long we become the flowers
Maeve

Messages In This Thread
batten down the hatches - by Maeve - 03-24-2021, 12:44 AM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Locke - 03-24-2021, 01:34 AM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Rigby - 03-24-2021, 03:57 AM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Hotaru - 03-24-2021, 06:51 AM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Maeve - 03-24-2021, 01:54 PM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Hotaru - 03-26-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Locke - 03-27-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: batten down the hatches - by Rigby - 03-30-2021, 03:24 AM