if morning never comes
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
didn't think we'd ever make it
"Who knew, indeed." Ronin feels himself grinning widely enough that he threatens to spill his own coffee as he brings it to his lips for another sip. Is his cooler than Remi's? Did Ronin use phoenix feathers to help keep Remi's toasty hot while he was taking care of himself in the bathroom? Maybe. "Mm. Maeve and I went on quite the unintentional adventure in the Oerwoud, and then in King's End. The Wilds... spit us out there. It was really weird. Plenty of time to chat, though," he says.

Even with the coffee, Ronin is quite happily nestled against Remi in such a way that he'd happily sleep here, and he relishes the simple warmth from all the places where the other man is pressed against him. As for the silk, though? "I just remember you throwing up after we went into that fabric shop in the Silk Houses," he confesses. "I know it was about Finn, but I'm quite keen not to make you nauseous."

Falling quiet to give the Lullaby the space to talk about what happened with Isla in as much or little detail as he'd like, eventually the Star stretches an arm around his husband's shoulders and leans in to press a coffee flavoured kiss to his cheek. "That," he says, "sounds as though it was horrible for both of you. Maybe just stick to nights of passion in the Ascended room, and doing weird science when you're not fucking," he suggests. "In the meantime, I'll take you on a date. Where'd you want to go?"
this close to safety in one piece

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
oh but that's the irony: broken people are not fragile
'What do you mean it spit you there?" How Ronin was turning the tides to have the most interesting story of the night, Remi wasn't sure. He wasn't surprised, either.

"Oh." Remi blushes bashfully. "I..hadn't even thought of that. He and I are trying to be healthier with one another too, but you're right, I absolutely don't want to be thinking about Finn. Especially if we're already pretending that you work in a brothel." Pausing, Remi pulls his lips in between his teeth, eyes narrowing at his coffee. "On second thought..maybe we save that one for later."

Remi can smell the coffee on Ronin's breath and feel every unshaven whisker on his lips, and gods he can't put into words how much he loves this man. "To anyone listening, that is probably one of the weirdest things they could hear." Stick to weird science and fucking with your back-from-the-dead-once-companion, and let me take you on dates. Shaking his head and absolutely adoring the strange honest rhythm they'd found, Remi lets his eyes flicker up toward the ceiling. "Well...just how deadly do you think the Draig Cordillera is..?"
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I mean," Ronin says, making a gesture with his hands that suggests very much that something that was here is now there. "We were in the Oerwoud, looking for herbs for one of Maeve's girls in the brothel because she was sick. And then it was like the whole world sneezed and suddenly we were at King's End, at this weird dock full of shipwrecks. I saw a mothman, Remi." The Star nods, a serious as it gets for all intents and purposes. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you more than that."

Ronin doesn't mind at all, leaving the brothel fantasy for the time being and giving Remi a gentle squeeze of reassurance. "Of course we can," he murmurs. "Instead, why don't I try and finalise the design for a new Dragoons uniform, and I can parade around that and let you undress me instead? I promise, there will not be a single buckle to be found." He winks, remembering the trouble Remi had with his armour at their wedding.

"If anyone is listening to this then that means they have broken into our apartment and they are eavesdropping, and I will throw them from the scruff of their neck out of the fucking window." The thread is murmured sweetly against Remi's cheek, Ronin settling back again eventually to stip at his coffee some more. His nose scrunches, though, to thing of the Cordillera. "Probably quite deadly," he says. "I'll be honest, I was hoping for a date that's more fun than full of death, for our first one in a while."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'If you did drugs, you can tell me.' Remi says, half-serious; in what world was Ronin's story plausible? A moth-man? Caido was strange, but..a moth man???? "What did the mothman...do?"

The alchemist can't help but roll his eyes. He's infinitely delighted at the prospect of seeing Ronin parade about, but he also feels as though a good amount of needling is due. "So you've just joined the Order, Caido's big secret society of good guys, have purview over the dragoons, the elite fighting force and...you're concerned about their uniforms?" Snorting under his breath, the alchemist can't help or hide the blush that races across his cheeks. "How thoughtful that you'd outfit the dragoons in uniforms made specifically with me undressing them in mind."

For all the moments that the pair have had together—ones of passion, of near-death, surprise, awe, the not-quite-birth of their son—this will fit among them as being most cherished despite how utterly mundane it is. Precisely because of how utterly mundane it is. "I love you." Remi interrupts, shooting Ronin a bemused and bashful smile over his shoulder as he leans more heavily against the man at his side.

'I love it when you're ridiculous." Remi chuckles, knowing full well that Ronin was and is absolutely serious about what he'd do to an intruder. 'What isn't fun about adventures and dragons?" The alchemist wants to know, brow raised, and looking for all the world like he's quite serious. He is in fact; being immortal sort of skews your ability to appropriately risk-averse. "Alright, well what did you have in mind?"
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"If I did drugs," Ronin says, just as sort-of-serious as his husband, "I would tell you. And the mothman was just... a mothman." He laughs, unable to really explain it without it sounding even more ridiculous than it already does. "It appeared and then it was gone just as quick. It wasn't just me who saw it. Go and ask your friend Maeve, she was there too." Ronin nudges his husband before nestling closer, obnoxiously slurping his coffee for good measure.

Scoffing at Remi's description, Ronin leans his head against his husband's curls, and when he speaks his grin is more than audible. "I have just joined the Order, Caido's big secret society of good guys," he echoes. "I have purview over the dragoons, the elite fighting force. And I can do whatever I want." Rarely does he sound so adorably smug, his fingers searching for imaginary buckles within the blanket that Remi is wrapped in - he's probably just tickling him though, in reality.

"I love you too," he whispers, clearly not minding the interruption. "And there's nothing wrong with adventures and dragons, but maybe that's... I don't know, a third or a fourth date plan?" With a gentle laugh, he takes one last sip of his coffee, sets it down on the table and comfortably slouches back again. "I was thinking we could go out to dinner, and then go to a cocktail bar. Something really, stupidly boring, compared to what we've been through."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Maybe I'll just do that.' Remi replies with an ominous smile as if expecting to hear an entirely different set of events from the Madame.

The tone of his husband's voice has Remi all but melting beneath his blankets. Many thought they knew Ronin, but few got to witness his true ridiculousness first hand. Squirming in protest as Ronin's fingers grasp at imaginary buckles, Remi huffs loudly aiming for as much indignance as he can manage despite being tickled. "I was not that bad." He protests. Though, he probably had been.

'Ah I forgot. We are taking things slow." Remi says with a nod, nuzzling his cheek against Ronin's shoulder as if with enough effort he might just meld into the Star. Unfortunately, he's forgotten about his coffee, and it's with a reluctant sigh that he leans forward to place it next to Ronin's. Instead of flopping back, he holds his hand out to his husband. "Bed? You can tell me more about this date you're taking me on. Vai even found me some new clothes, so you have that to look forward to." Not the ones he'd worn that evening with Isla, as they were mostly shredded now.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Maybe you should, so you'll see how right I am." Ronin huffs, but it's completely ruined by the way he's smiling into the side of Remi's neck. Based on everything that's happened between him and Maeve, and the travels that she and Ronin have been on, he gets the impression that it could go either way with her. She'll either back him up, or spin a story for the sake of screwing him over. Either way, Ronin stands by his mothman.

"You were absolutely that bad," he mumbles, though he couldn't sound happier about it. And he actually starts to glow to hear that Remi is happy to dress up and come on a dinner-and-cocktails date with him. "Taking things slow means we don't get to do dragons and adventures until I'm at least able to hug you naked."

And what a great thought to go to bed with, while Remi is already naked. Luckily Ronin is already used to taking things slow, and so he's only really sort of wound up as he slips his arm around his husband's waist, leading them away to the bedroom.

~FIN

RONIN