bloodlust and freedom
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie
holy water cannot help you now
i don't want your money or your crown
Five or six years old? Saartjie's brow furrowed as she thought about it and she shook her head. It didn't make sense. She and Sunjata hadn't been apart for that long, which meant that he hadn't been here -- wherever here was -- long enough to have a child that old. As if he could read her thoughts, although it was more likely the look on her face that gave her away, Nate explained that it was 'god shit' and not natural. "I see." she murmured, though it still didn't make too much sense to her. A goddess making a deal with a mortal and having a child with him? It sounded like something out of a novel and not something that could actually happen, and yet there Nate was telling her that her brother had gone and had a child with a goddess. It was .... going to take some getting used to and she suspected that she wasn't the only one that would have to get used to it.

Unbidden, a memory flitted its way to the forefront of Saartjie's mind and her posture straightened. It had been several years, but she remembered the conversation and the promise that Jata had told her about. Her head tilted and she gave Nate an appraising look. For Jata to go back on his promise, to make a deal with a goddess to save Nate's life ... he must really love him. She just hoped that Nate realized that.

Thankfully Nate didn't question her about why she was unsure that her brother would even want to see her. How could she even explain that she had married the man responsible for Jata's capture and torture while in Korofi? What would he even think of her? She had hated herself for a long time after agreeing to marry Gaal so she wouldn't blame him if he did. "Its been a long time since I've seen him." She finally said if only to break the silence. "I didn't even have any pictures of him." After his escape they had all been taken and destroyed -- like their father was trying to erase every trace of him from existence.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Saar answered, but as she stood she could feel the ache in her legs. She was still sore from, quite literally, running for her life but it was not enough to keep her from going to see her brother. "Thanks." she murmured as she accepted Nate's jacket and pulled it on. It was quite baggy on her, but it helped to cover her blood stained clothes and would keep the rain off of her. She was quiet as she walked with Nate, listening to the sounds of the world around them -- the patter of rain, soft rumbles of thunder, crickets, and the sound of waves on the beach. It seemed quite sudden that there was a house with candlelit windows looming ahead of them.

"That's it?" She asked quietly as they walked closer and closer to it. Huggling Nate's jacket more tightly around herself, Saar climbed the steps to the front door. She hesitated, her nervousness and aprehension getting the better of her for a moment, and then she knocked on the door, heart hammering inside of her chest as she stepped back and waited.

ooc://
tag Nate
Sunjata
you see, i've come
to burn your kingdom to the ground

Messages In This Thread
bloodlust and freedom - by Saartjie - 03-25-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: bloodlust and freedom - by Nate - 03-26-2021, 02:05 AM
RE: bloodlust and freedom - by Saartjie - 03-26-2021, 02:38 AM
RE: bloodlust and freedom - by Nate - 03-26-2021, 06:18 AM
RE: bloodlust and freedom - by Saartjie - 03-28-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: bloodlust and freedom - by Nate - 03-29-2021, 03:29 AM