in the smoke of the bridges I've burned
Wessex
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
It turns out Speaking Squirrels aren’t always the smartest creatures, because it doesn’t take long for them to creep back out again, keeping their beady little eyes on the two Ascended and their companions. Quiet for now, there’s only the scratching of tiny paws and tiny claws at the shrubbery as the two demigods wander on.

“No, doesn’t seem like there is,” Wessex response with a throaty chuckle. “Well, keeping busy is rarely a bad thing,” she offers, trying to both acknowledge what he’s been through lately without explicitly bringing it up. If he wants to not think about things, she’s a master at staying busy in order to avoid feelings.

His question, however, has her torn between a snort that says obviously and letting herself be a little vulnerable. Her censorship takes too long and the Wraith seems to pull inward a bit. “Every day.” Shaking her head slightly, Wessex clarifies. “Sometimes it seems like every hour.”

The truth is that she’s been thinking about it, even unconsciously so, for at least a year now. And most of her actions in the past season have been done with an eye towards the long game. But no one’s every asked her that before, and she glances at Nate from the corner of her eye, not ungrateful for the question, but again, curious as to what prompted it.

And the more she looks at his arms, the more something niggles in the back of her brain. What kind of upgrade is it? “Is there something different about you?” she asks, trying to keep it casual and off-handish.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Nate - 04-05-2021, 07:24 AM
RE: in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Wessex - 04-29-2021, 06:51 PM