in the smoke of the bridges I've burned
Wessex
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
Not for the first time does she disagree at the idea that they’re fucked, shaking her head quietly. “I don’t think we are quiet yet - but we will be if we don’t start working together - not just as fighters, but as a group to get shit done.”

The squirrels that follow them seem to have grown bold enough and start to chatter again, so Wessex whirls on a couple and sends her disc flying; the distance isn’t large, so she’s able to hit one, killing it with the force. The others scamper away. Wessex stops searching to retrieve it. “Flowerbirth has always been for recovering, but we can’t waste much more time,” she says while bent over, casually collecting the small, limp body for Loki.

They’ve got to act. She doubts the Order is wasting any time.

And by the time she’s turned back, he’s quite upset, listing all the ways he seems to be struggling, though one of them stands out. And now it makes a lot of sense - the demi-ing, Sunjata, all of it on top of everything else. Sighing silently to herself, Wessex crosses over to him and wraps her arms slowly around his chest, hugging him from the back if he lets her.

Pressing a cheek to his spine, the Wraith offers to be strong for him. “You’ve been through a lot lately. It’s okay.”

He isn’t alone. And she isn’t either. Azrael’s a great kid, but they’re a kid. Nate is… well, part of a prayer answered, and the Voice probably knew that.  Wessex is awkward and all sharp edges, but she asks no further questions and embracing or not, lets Nate just be.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Nate - 04-05-2021, 07:24 AM
RE: in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Wessex - 05-06-2021, 01:43 AM