in the smoke of the bridges I've burned
Wessex
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

A sharp, humourless laugh gasps out of Nate, his head shaking. The idea of banding together, one big happy family all aimed towards a common goal, feels impossible. A hand comes up to pinch at the bridge of his nose while a dull thud sounds behind him, halting the renewed chittering.

Some part of him is embarrassed, ashamed of the outburst, his shoulders shrinking in, while the rest of him is angry, a hissing, spitting fire, threatening to catch everything around him alight. Fire can be smothered though.

Nate stiffens, falling completely still as arms wrap around him, encasing him from behind. Tactile as he might be, being held is not something he is used to, and a long moment passes before he moves again, jaw working while his leg begins to twitch, the heel of his foot tapping shallowly against the ground.

Turning, and breaking the embrace, Nate lets his eye find Wessex without really looking at her, his hand rising to squeeze her shoulder. ”Thanks, Wessex.” He says, shards of sincerity intermingling with the careful distance in his tone.
i love those quiet moments in the dark
where you can stop pretending

Messages In This Thread
in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Nate - 04-05-2021, 07:24 AM
RE: in the smoke of the bridges I've burned - by Nate - 05-11-2021, 05:43 AM