Hotaru
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
BABE, THERE'S SOMETHING TRAGIC ABOUT THIS
Hello Hotaru,

First let me begin by thanking you with lending what help you could in preparing the Halenani for the monsoons before you departed for Halo. I appreciate you taking the time to lend your skills.

However that isn't the reason for my letter. I have a little project I'm working on and was hoping that you could help me. I've heard that you're rather experienced with glass. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd like to commission a piece if you wouldn't mind taking on the project. The details of it can be discussed, but I'd definitely like your opinion. Have you ever worked with using plants in your work? Maybe even gems? I realize this is a bit vague. I'd be happy to explain further over tea sometime.

I hope you hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Maeve
SOMETHING SO PRECIOUS ABOUT THIS
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Hotaru

Hello Maeve,

I’ll admit I was pleasantly surprised to receive your letter. I hope you are faring well through the monsoons.

It’s true I have a glassblowing workshop in the Grounds. I haven’t used it as a storefront in some time, but I wouldn’t be opposed to a trip for a special request such as yours. Never fear - gems are quite easy to incorporate. Flowers, on the other hand, must be included after the glass has cooled, and as such limits the ways they can be integrated into a piece.

I won’t bore you with the terminology. Tea sounds quite lovely; I know the portals are less accommodating with the monsoons, but summer is not far. Where would you like to meet? In the meantime I will prepare some samples for you to bring to our meeting, and hopefully with our minds together we can come up with something you will adore.

Sweetly,

Hotaru
xoxo
My baby wants me all of the time
But whenever we're kissing I'm rolling my eyes
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hotaru,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. The Halenani unfortunately wasn't able to weather the storm as I had hoped. We lost a load bearing wall and the roof. The building collapsed shortly after. Thankfully no one besides myself was really hurt. We've been working on getting people housed in the meantime until we can make plans to rebuild in summer.

I would have suggested a meeting here, but given the circumstances that won't be possible for some time. I'm open to any alternatives and I look forward to seeing what you put together. I can always come to the Grounds if necessary.

I hope to see you soon,

Maeve
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

I am sorry to hear of the destruction of the Halenani. At least there is gratitude to be had in your own safety, and that of the workers. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. If there are to be any rebuilding efforts, I would be happy to visit and assist in the effort.

You are more than welcome to visit me here in Halo if the trip does not exasperate any wounds you may have. I own a spa in Snowcloak; we can relax together, and have tea if you would like. There is also a bar if that is more your style. Don't worry your pretty head about the samples - I will ensure they are ready when you arrive, regardless of where we meet.

If your wounds still trouble you by time we meet, my companion Atlas has healing abilities that will surely help.

Yours,

Hotaru
xoxo
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Hotaru,

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It's been a rough few days and just to know that you'd be willing help despite not knowing me all that well is a bit of light in all of this. Thank you so much for the offer to help. I believe I'll have a better idea once Longheat gets here and I'll be sure to let you know.

Thankfully my wounds aren't too bad. Healing from a concussion and bruised ribs. I can't say I've ever sustained injuries like these before. So I can't really say if travel will make it worse. A trip to the spa actually sounds rather lovely. I could do with some relaxation.

Forgive me for not writing more. Even just focusing on something as simple as a letter seems to take it out of me.

I wish you well and I'll see you soon.

Yours,

Maeve
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

Kindness and empathy is the least of what I can offer after such an event and with you otherwise so far from reach. Were it not for the monsoons, I would surely have already visited to ascertain firsthand that you are not exaggerating your claims of wellness. You do seem the type, my dear.

My doors are open as soon as you are free to travel. I will ensure I am stocked up on your favorite scents; what would those be?

Do not strain yourself to write on my behalf. As much as I look forward to your correspondence, your continued healing is far more important. As such I have included a skin balm with my letter; it is infused with various mint strains I’ve grown myself - rub it behind your ears and under your jaw before bed, and it should help you relax. It is also good for sore muscles, which I’m sure you have.

This is all I can provide you for now, but I hope it will be of some use. Now remember - it is for your use, okay darling? No sharing.

Yours,

Hotaru
xoxo
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Hotaru,

You would have come to see me? Is it bad to say that I'm surprised by such a statement? I didn't think that I made such an impression on you given that our meeting was so short. Not that I would be opposed to it, of course. Company would always be appreciated it. I've actually relocated to Stormbreak to wait out the rest of the season. Something about it being better to heal out of the rain? At least, that's what I've been told. I'm not exaggerating my wellness. Perhaps downplaying things a bit, but you can't blame me for not wanting to cause you worry. So yes, I suppose I am the type. Forgive me.

It sounds like you're planning to absolutely spoil me. I'm not sure I've done anything to deserve it, but I do rather love lavender and vanilla. Although, bergamot and tea tree are two others I rather enjoy as well.

Every day it gets better. While I can't say my pain has faded completely, the healers here were able to help greatly with my injuries. They believe I will make a full recovery by the end of the season. The balm worked wonders and it smelled delightful. It helped greatly with my sleep. I hope you're willing to make me more. I'm sure I can find something to give you in exchange? You'll have to let me know if there is something you would like.

I promise I didn't share. Does that earn me something else too?

Yours,

Maeve
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

You do make quite the impression, do not do yourself a disservice by assuming otherwise. I would have been more than happy to travel to see you. Alas, unfortunately when I was brought here I was turned into an Abandoned, and as such cannot visit you in Stormbreak from what I’ve heard of it.

Though I object to your glossing over of your injuries, rest assured you have my forgiveness darling. For now. Does that inspire you to behave?

All beautiful creatures deserve a bit of spoiling. You are certainly much better company than grizzled hunters who have never even considered relaxation in their lives. Consider your preferences noted; I hope you will enjoy what I prepare for you.

I am relieved to hear you’ve been healing well at the very least, I would hate to postpone our reunion any further even if I worry for your health. I’ve attached more of the balm as you requested, I’m delighted it worked so well for you. All you need give me in return is the visit you’ve promised, and the continued delight of your letters sweet thing.

For your obedience, I’ve included another surprise. Use it alone, will you? I will not be offended if it is not me on your mind when you do.

Yours,

Hotaru
xoxo

Included is an additional, smaller jar of balm in a small bag filled with dried flower petals. The balm creates a pleasureful, tingling sensation when applied. It has a small tag with handwritten instructions and a personal addition that says:

“I’ve heard self-pleasure can help you sleep as well. As you were the Halenani Madame, I hope this is not too forward a gift for you. -Ru”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Hotaru,

You flatter me way more than I deserve. I'm rather disappointed to hear that you won't be able to visit me while I'm here. Though, I would be even more disappointed if you were to turn to stone by attempting such a thing. With that said, I suppose we'll just have to wait until I'm able to travel to Halo to see each other.

I simply wanted to keep you from worrying about me. I meant nothing more by it. I promise. I'll do my best to stay within your good graces. I would hate to have you cross with me before I even had a chance to show you what a delight I can be when I do behave.

Are you calling me beautiful? You really are flattering me. Especially coming from someone such as yourself. I can assure you that my company is incredibly gratifying, but you'll just have to wait to see for yourself. I have no doubt that I will enjoy whatever it is you've put together for me.

You really don't need to worry about me. I promise I'm resting and taking it easy. No work for me right now. I will absolutely keep my promise to visit. As soon as I'm well enough to make the trip. Cross my heart. Lucky for you, I have plenty of time to write. So until you grow tired of my correspondence I will happily send you as many letters as you wish.

I will admit that I've never actually used anything like this before and given the fact that you made it for me it was rather difficult to not have you on my mind. It has definitely inspired further obedience, I can assure you.

I know you said I needn't give you anything in return, but I couldn't resist when I saw it.

Yours,

Maeve

Included with the letter is a delicately wrapped package smelling of lavender. Inside nestled in tissue paper is a pretty bit of dark purple lace that makes up a rather delicate negligee. There is another note nestled alongside it in the box.

"I saw this when I was doing a bit of shopping in the markets for myself. I couldn't help thinking that the color would look lovely on you. I'm sure there are others who would agree." - Mae
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

Yes, stone is not quite the flattering complexion on me. Though I am quite willing to exercise some patience; your letters are quite enough to get me through until the change of seasons.

I assure you, my temper may be much to bear, but I would ensure any punishment would be of the agonizingly pleasurable sort. I will leave it to you if that is something you feel inclined to court, yes?

Yes I am indeed calling you quite beautiful. Will I have to be more forward? I certainly don’t anticipate growing tired of your communications either. Halo is beautiful but can be dreadfully boring in its own right. Your letters are a break in the metaphorical clouds my dear.

You’ve no idea how pleased I am that you enjoyed my gift. I hope it will sustain you through a few more uses until I can give it to you in person. Perhaps I can wear this delightful gift of your own for you? I’d love to model it for you. I’m afraid Halo does not have such alluring finery which I can gift to you, but I hope you’ll enjoy what I’ve found.

Yours,

Hotaru
xoxo

There is a lipstick print at the bottom corner of the paper, and it is scented with Hotaru’s daily perfume.

In a delicate bag, there is a dark-stained leather choker, appearing slightly red beneath the stain. There are evenly spaced flat steel circles down the length of it.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Hotaru,

I can certainly agree. While I only briefly got a view of your complexion I can say with absolute certainty that stone would not suit you even though I feel most things would suit you. You're willing to be patient for me? I can't say I was expecting you to exercise such a willingness to wait. Although, I suppose that's necessary when you can't actually see me yet.

Agonizingly pleasurable sort? Color me intrigued, ma'am. Perhaps that is something better discussed in person. I find that written communication can be a bit muddy when it comes to such things.

While being more forward wouldn't exactly be necessary… I can't help wondering what exactly that would entail. Would you care to enlighten me? Well that's certainly a relief given that your letters have been a rather large source of enjoyment for me. I look forward to each one. I've never been to Halo before. You'll have to show me the sites unless there isn't much to see there besides you. Not that I'd mind that too much. I'm glad that my letters have provided a break from the metaphorical dreariness, though.

I might have some idea, but I wouldn't be opposed to hearing just how pleased such news has made you. I believe it should last me. I didn't have to do much to get the job done as it were. My, Miss Hotaru, I don't blush often, but I believe you're going to make me blush talking in that way. That's another rather lovely idea. One we should perhaps explore in detail.

Your gift was lovely even if it wasn't of the same type. It fit perfectly. Do you often gift such suggestive things to all of the women you correspond with or am I just special?

Yours,

Maeve
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

Worry not darling, I am more than capable of waiting. Patience is a virtue; one of the few I am inclined to practice. And consider the notion of torment tabled - I find that learning by doing is far better anyways, hm?

Being more forward would be telling you how transfixing I find your stare, or how I envision my teeth matching to the curve of your throat. Or perhaps how your skin itself may taste. What your voice will sound like calling my name. Is that clear enough? I would hate to disappoint. In fact I would hope that this causes you to blush far more than you say I have already caused.

Never fear, you are quite special on your own. Why, you are my only pen pal as of late - I hope I do not come off overbearing because of it. I do so enjoy having your attentions to myself even if only through paper and ink.

Yours,

Hotaru
xoxo
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Hotaru,

I'll do my best not to. You did tell me to be on my best behavior after all and I'm inclined to believe that worrying is something you would frown upon. One of the few? Let me guess what else you might practice... Surely kindness given your offer to come tend to me. Perhaps charity if your willingness to help me rebuild the Halenani is anything to go by. Maybe temperance as well? That's just a guess. I can say for certain that chastity isn't on that list given the contents of your last letter.

I could listen to you wax poetic about me for hours, I'll have you know. Even with the way your words make me blush. A feat given my line of work. I think you have an unfair advantage given that you aren't a client. Surely that's why I'm finding myself so easily flustered by the lovely picture you've painted for me. We'll have to see just how well the real thing compares to the delightful thoughts you've conjured of me. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that Longheat would hurry up and get here already. I find myself suddenly craving the cold of Halo.

Your only pen pal? Well, don't I feel lucky to have captured your attention so. You don't come off overbearing, I can assure you. As I said before, I very much look forward to receiving you letters and find myself rereading them. I know that's probably a touch silly, but I've never denied being a romantic. Paper and ink will have to suffice for now. You won't have to wait too much longer until you have my full attentions in person. Hopefully you can last that long.

Yours,

Maeve

This letter has a distinct kiss left on the corner and the smell of lavender comes off of the parchment.

There is a very small package attached with a delicate scrap of lace tucked inside and a small note.

"Save these for me and you can pull them off with your teeth. Figured you might like something to look forward to.

PS. You're not the only one who knows how to be suggestive." - Mae
Maeve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Maeve,

You are far too kind in your estimations of me. Perhaps I am only kind to beautiful girls who endear me with letters and gifts, hm? Though I admit, you did inspire a laugh with your chastity comment. I am certainly not that.

If ink were not a relatively finite supply, you would have my words to keep you company until the seasons change. For all your clients may have been proficient, I'm sure they did not waste much time on words in the first place. I am happy to take up their slack and introduce you to the finer side of such things darling.

You are certainly not silly, and I am charmed that you find my words worthy of being read time and again. As dearly as I wish for time to speed along, I am sure by the time you find your way back to Torchline and portal to Halo, all the time between will have felt like nothing when we see each other in person. It is only now that we must struggle. But does that not make the end result all the sweeter?

You may be capable of being just as suggestive, but rest assured - or all the better, do not rest at all, and stay awake with your imagination - that I will make good on that invitation. I do hope you'll let me keep them as a gift after I get you to soak them through.

Yours,

Hotaru