gone west
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
and if all we've got is what no one can break
As soon as he'd received Maeve's letter he'd let Ronin know what was happening. What the Star chose to do with that information had to be quickly decided. Mateo was sent to Tobi (did she normally cry when the toddler was dropped off?) and Ronin and Remi lay down in their bed. It was noon, but as the Star closed his eyes, he was instantly asleep. Remi followed soon after.

Pacing back and forth until he felt the tendrils of Maeve's mind, the pair had time to hatch a plan before Remi disappeared across the blurred lines of reality, where he woke up somewhere he had only been a handful of times. With his arms wrapped around the Madame, Remi's eyes blink awake slowly. He has no idea where he is—somewhere in Torchline, with Maeve pressed against him. It wasn't as though she hadn't seen him naked on more than one occasion, but even so, he bashfully shuffles back, nearly falling off of the couch she was sleeping on in the process.

"Hey." He whispers softly, uncovering himself before creating clothes to wear in the interim. They didn't need to last long, which was convenient as far as memory-clothing went.
i know i love you if that's all we can take

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It was the first sleep she's managed to get since writing him the letter. Maeve's not even sure it lasts all that long before she's stirring awake with Remi's voice in her ear. The Madame looks unwell. Even in the dim light of the office she's staying in currently it's clear that the recent events have taken a toll. Her brows draw together in confusion at the feeling of arms wrapped around her and it isn't until he speaks, accent coloring his words, that she realizes it's Remi.

Maeve carefully sits herself up, wincing as she inhales sharply at the spike of pain in her ribs. She rubs at her eyes, struggling to focus on him as she tries to shake the last dregs of restless asleep from her consciousness, "Remi.." Maeve exhales in relief, green eyes landing on him in the faint light of the dying fire that flickers weakly in the hearth. "I didn't get a chance to write.. it happened so quickly." She swallows thickly, flashing back to those last few moments before the building collapsed. How she'd been focused on getting everyone out and to safety. Her fingers clutch at her blanket, twisting into the soft material that shields her from the chill of the room.
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'Are you alright?' It doesn't take the flickering of her emotions for him to see the pain she's in, and not for the first time he wonders if Ludo will ever give him the ability to heal. (That's a hard no).

"You did write," He says softly, buttoning up his pants and shrugging into a sweater. 'Sorry I did not write back. I thought it best if I just...came." Remi adds with a small smile, kneeling beside the couch. With a frown he glances around the room that they're in. It looks like an office, though whose it is, he has no idea. The further he's ever been in Sunjata's house is just the main room, where last he committed an act that shattered apart his friendship with Nate. "Where are we?"

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

She's not going to cry again. She's not. Maeve draws in a shallow breath as to not press against her ribs too much, shaking her head, "Not really. I mean... I'm okay, but not." Physically she's still hurting, mentally she's drained, and emotionally she's a fucking mess. She's trying, though. "They patched me up at the clinic. A beam fell on me when the second floor collapsed as I was checking the rooms." Maeve lets herself rest against the arm of the couch, eyes closing for a moment against the dizzy spell that seems to come when she lifts her head now.

"I mean before it happened... I should have just let you take people that night." Her voice is tight and her eyes prick with tears and she's not going to fucking cry. She can't. She refuses. The guilt wells up anyway and she does what she can to ignore it. Maeve follows his eyes, realizing he might not have been to this part of Sunjata's house before, "We're at Jata's... Only four of us are here. Rest are between the Society and the clinic."
Poor little girl

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Hissing in a breath of sympathy, Remi tilts his head slightly. "Would that I could take that from you." He murmurs sadly; perhaps one day that might be the Ludo-equivalent of healing. Perhaps not. "I could always take you to see Vai in the Greatwood when I have transported everyone...none of this looks to be beyond her magic." Her physical wounds, anyway.

"Don't think about that now." He says with a soft shake of his head. Dwelling on the past wouldn't help now, regardless of whether Maeve's guilt was deserved or misplaced. "Okay. In your condition, I would think that it would be easier if everyone came here, then. I will need you asleep to transfer them as quickly as possible." That way Maeve could simply...go back to bed and rest, while Remi took care of everything else.

Jata, if you can hear me, I am in here with Maeve. I am just here to help—to take people back to Stormbreak. Remi thinks outward, unsure who other than Jata would be able to hear him, but not really caring one way or the other.

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The sentiment is appreciated and she gives him a faint, if not strained, smile. "It's okay, Remi. You're not the only one who can take a hit." A breathy laugh pushes past her lips and she regrets it instantly, hissing as her ribs flare with pain. Her jaw clenches, teeth gritting together as she waits for it to pass. "I was worse before. Concussion and bruised ribs. Apparently this is normal after such injuries." She doesn't mention that she hasn't been taking the pain killers they gave her. Nor does she mention that she's not had anything more to eat than a bit of toast here or there. For being so good at taking care of others, she's shit at taking care of herself.

He's right in that it doesn't do anyone any good. Not her or those depending on her now. The guilt doesn't fade, but he dismisses her harsh critique of herself with ease and Maeve nods, turning her focus to the task at hand. "I can go with you... I'm able to walk." She's not even sure of the time or if it's still pouring outside. It's hard to tell in this portion of the house. There are no windows in this room and the only light comes from the dying flames. "I told them to be ready at a moments notice."
Poor little girl

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist's brow raises softly at that, but he doesn't comment. Tilting his head as Sunjata's voice reaches out, Remi's gaze grows distant as he listens, nodding despite the fact that the Governor is in another part of the house (getting a handjob perhaps? who knows). Refocusing back on Maeve, the alchemist thinks it over for a moment. "I can carry you too, if that is easier." She weighed nothing at all compared to what he was able to lift, this he knew already.

Regardless he steps back. "Ronin is on the other side. We have left a note telling everyone to wait until the entire group is through. We will have everyone stay at the hospital until they are cleared." Space wasn't at a premium in Stormbreak, and if anything, the Order seemed particularly eager to help out.

"You should come too. To be healed properly. To rest out of the rain."

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His eyes grow distant, seeming lost in his thoughts or perhaps listening to something she cannot hear herself. No matter. Maeve waits for it to pass, licking her lips as she falls silent, working on getting herself sitting up. It takes her more effort than she likes to admit, a bit of sweat beading on her brow as she finally rights herself; pulse racing and breathing a touch shallow. She's tempted to argue. To insist that she can do this herself, but he's hear to help and she should really just take it at this point. Maeve nods slowly, "Alright... If that's easier." She says in way of agreement, hesitating for a moment before reaching out to take his hand, letting him help her up. "Sorry if it's a lot.." Maeve supplies weakly, referring to the blooms of pain and sour emotions he's surely feeling from her right now.

He explains the plan for transportation and she nods, brows knitting together as she gets her feet beneath her. Still wearing borrowed clothes from Sunjata that absolutely swim on her, hiding away bruises and her willowy form from view, Maeve somehow seems even smaller than before. Whether it's from her crushed spirit or something else is hard to tell. Then he mentions that she should come too. Get out of the rain to heal. To properly rest and recover. As if being in Torchline right now was doing her more harm than good. Maybe it was. Maybe the Madame had allowed herself to be stretched too thin, pulled in too many different directions until she was one careless act from shattering.

She was already thinking about going. Ever since she wrote him the letter it's been on her mind. Maeve was hesitant to leave. Not only because of what happened, but it felt wrong to leave her workers behind. What if they needed her? What if something else happened? Sunjata had promised to take care of them, but shouldn't she be here too? He would tell her if something happened. He promised. Of course, leaving him was another concern, but she needs to take care of herself too. Doesn't she have the right?

Finally Maeve nods, "Alright... I'll go with you to Stormbreak." She murmurs, offering him a wane smile.
Poor little girl

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Lifting Maeve is easy. Holding her emotions? That proves difficult, though not impossible. With things as sun-shiny and clear between he and Ronin, Remi is afforded a nearly limitless amount of empathy just now. So as he scoops the Madame into his arms, holding her as if about to step over some bridal threshold, he just shakes his head despite the chaotic storm of her emotions. "It is alright." He reassures her with a gentle smile.

Feeling his way through the house, as they come to the front door, he cocks his head slightly to the side for a moment. Maeve and I are going to move everyone to Stormbreak who can go...she is going to come with me on the last trip. If you need anything else, Ronin and I will always get your letters. He thinks to Sunjata, before pushing open the door and spreading his wings protectively over Maeve to keep her from being rained on.

"Wren society first, then clinic?"

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Remi lifts her as if she weighs nothing and she might as to him. He tucks her against his chest and she tries her best not to touch him more than necessary, keeping what skin she can covered where she does have to touch him. It's hard, though. Thankfully he's able to handle it. Not that she knows why, but she's grateful for it either way. Maeve returns his understanding smile with one of gratitude, letting herself relax into his hold, knowing that holding herself taut will only exacerbate the pain she's feeling now. He makes his way easily through the house, Maeve providing any direction he needs to get to the front where they pause for a moment. Finally he carries them both outside, his wings wrapping around her to shield her from the wind and rain that does its best to nip at her skin.

"Yes, most are housed at the society. I believe only two children are among the seven adults that are going." Maeve informs him, raising her voice to be heard above the howling of the wind as she looks up at him from her makeshift cocoon of his wings. "Seven adults total and two children. They're expecting us." She's not sure having that information really matters all that much, but she tells him anyway just incase it proves important.
Poor little girl

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Alright.' He says with a nod. It doesn't matter much, no, but it does give his mind something to chew on. "We'll send a few adults first then, so that they are waiting on the other side for the children. And that way they can see that there's nothing to be frightened of." Hopefully they would think it was 'cool', watching Remi make another fall asleep, and then to see them both disappear. "You will be last, obviously." Remi adds, having to raise his voice to speak over the gale-force winds swirling around them.

Eventually, they make it, and given Maeve's familiarity with those to be transferred, Remi lets her do most of the explaining. He supplements information where it's necessary, but once they're ready to begin, it all goes rather quickly. The nudity isn't so much fun, but in the big scheme of things, safety is more important than modesty. And, given who is being transported, it isn't really so big a deal.

"Ready to go, Maeve?" Remi asks at last, slipping to Maeve's side in the dreamworld of her own making. Here, at least, there is no pain for her mind to deal with, and he wouldn't blame her for wanting to linger.

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It all goes smoothly. Remi has no issues getting everyone transported and the children thankfully seem more excited than scared once they see how things work. When it's finally Maeve's turn she's grateful for the ease that comes with slipping into the dream world. It's quiet here. There aren't any storms. Just a meadow on the side of a cliff, filled to the brim with wildflowers that sway in a gentle breeze. Sunlight, soft and warm, shines through the sparse cloud cover to kiss her skin and she sighs. It's the first time she hasn't been in pain in days.

When Remi appears by her side she feels a twinge of something in her chest. She doesn't want to go. It's so nice here. Maeve finally gets why he wouldn't want to leave. Her eyes meet his before flitting away to look over the field of flowers, finger tips brushing over petals lightly, "Not really, but I know I can't stay." Maeve murmurs, lips twitching into a smile as the breeze pushing through the blooms creates the sweetest lullaby, swirling up around them in pastel colors before mixing with the clouds above.
Poor little girl

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"But every night we can send you here." Remi offers with a smile, knowing precisely what it was to want to stay in a world that was free of pain. "And even for a few cat naps, as well." He adds with a crooked smile as he breathes in deeply, letting the vibrant scent of the wildflowers linger on the back of his tongue.

The world slowly erupts in song and colour both, and Remi can't deny that he'd be happy to linger here with Maeve. "If it wasn't for the fact that Ronin now has 9 naked people in our bedroom, I would absolutely stay here a while longer. But unless we go, they're probably all going to think he's dead." The alchemist says with a wry twist of his lips.

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He captures her attention with his promise and she turns to look at him, offering the brightest smile that brings a new light to her eyes. "I'd love that. Thank you, Remi." Maeve meets his sea glass gaze with her own, allowing herself to bask in the world she's created. Somewhere that she's not sure even exists outside of here. It's nothing she's ever seen before, but she would like to find it. Maybe it's hiding in the Greatwood. She's not sure, but she's hesitant to really leave.

If it wasn't for the fact that they did have other things to tend to and his husband to wake up, then Maeve would possibly argue to stay. She's so tired. Remi knows this and she knows that if it weren't for what he just pointed out they could both linger. They could lay in the flowers and float on their lullabies up into the clouds with color all around them. It would be so beautiful. She sighs before finally nodding, "You're right. We should go... Would hate to traumatize them all more." Maeve huffs a soft laugh, moving back to his side.
Poor little girl