eyes covered in ink and bleach
Juni!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 61 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nephele can't help her smile when Juniper responds. "It would take time of course, to even prepare for a new leader. But regardless of whether you lead directly or as our diplomat, you have more than earned it." And heedless of who took the position, Nephele would push for Juniper to be held in the light she so rightly deserved.

"We can go together," she offers, squeezing Juniper's hand, thankful time and again for the physical contact that grounds her emotions. "To prove that we are rebuilding, that together we are taking up Alina's mantle for our people. Whatever she tells us, we can achieve together." Her eyes fall away, slight shame creasing her features. "I didn't know I was leaving you alone when I left. But you have me now, and I will not leave you again."

Juniper's distress pulls at her heart, and her thumb slides back and forth over the other Fae's knuckles, hoping to soothe away the moral quandaries that neither of them can solve. "It's an idea, yes. I will see if I can find stronger individuals to help with potentially destroying the portal. It is a fixture like any other, but likely dangerous." And with light bones and small statures, the Fae were not built physically for such ventures.

Nephele's smile finally returns at the end, feeling light and hopeful for the first time in a while. "Together," she vows.
Your goodness must have some edge to it -- else it is none
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper nodded as Nephele spoke, returning her hand squeeze. Yes. They had a plan for the future, avenues to examine, hopes of preserving their people's well-being. If they could prevent war, they would. If not -- though she didn't like to think of that possibility -- they would weather it. And Juniper was ready to take a greater official role, perhaps even greater than the de facto role she'd assumed thus far.

"It's all right," she said, in response to Nephele's regret. "You could not have known, and I fared well enough in the end. But your return gladdens me. We can do this -- together."

Juniper smiled, envisioning a brighter future, now that Nephele had returned.

Ignorance truly was bliss.

- FIN
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark