I've got some color back
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve hummed softly in reply, lowering herself to sit in the grass nearby the rocks, drawing her knees up towards her chest. "I do think it's suitable. It's going to allow me to be there for those that need me." That was important to her. One of the most important things. It didn't matter where she was. She could always be there. The question caught her off guard and she suddenly realized what she let slip. Normally, she wouldn't care. It was her job. She liked her job. She liked sex. Except Seren didn't seem the type to know the ins and outs of it.

She considered what to say, licking her lips as he brows pulled together, "Well, uhm, I run a brothel. I'm the Madame there. A working Madame. So that means I take care of the girls, over see the building, and tend to customers. We lost it in the monsoons... That's why I'm here healing. I plan to rebuild though." Maeve hoped that she didn't have to tell her more than that. She knew what a brothel was, right? Surely she wasn't that sheltered. The Madame dared a glance at the other woman, trying to gauge her reaction.

"Did you see a lot of Starwhales? I would assume so.. Given that you lived in the stars." She mused softly, returning her smile easily despite the slight flush on her cheeks.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
I saw a piece of heaven
Ah, what wishful thinking. Seren's expression was non-plussed, as curious as she was confused. "A brothel... what is that? I've heard the word but no one would ever explain it." Growing up in Torchline, certain words were inescapable. But she had not stayed in the seedy port city so long that all the mysteries of adulthood had been revealed to her. Looking at Maeve, the starchild was surprised to see the other woman blush. Was it something bad? "If it's about pirates, it's alright," she tried to reassure. "Dad and Uncle Jata knows all about them, I'm sure." She said it with absolute confidence, her faith in her favorite people in the world unwavering. That it was based on stories told to a child had nothing to do with it.

Reaching out for the ground, Seren picked up a small stone. No bigger than the palm of her hand, it was almost perfectly round and had a hole carved right through the center. Chiseled by wind and rain rather than whales, most likely but curious all the same. Holding it up to her eye, she peered through it at Maeve. "Mhm. Lots of them," she said wistfully. "They sing beautifully. We should go see them sometime. Wouldn't that be fun?"

Lowering the stone, the girl turned it between her fingers a few times. Then held it out to Maeve in a quiet offer. "Would you come if I needed you, too?"
Waiting, impatient, for me

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Of course Maeve couldn't be so lucky. She shouldn't be surprised that Seren doesn't know what a brothel is. The girl likely had no reason to ever enter one. Especially given her current stance on flirting. It didn't seem like a place she would ever go. As if to make matters worse, Seren kept talking, bringing up her 'Uncle' Jata and if that somehow doesn't make Maeve feel even more awkward. Of course she wasn't about to tell her just how intimately she knew Sunjata. That was a can of worms she would like to stay closed thank you very much. "Uh... No. Nothing to do with pirates." She huffed, a faint laugh pushing past her lips before she was taking a breath. Time to just bite the bullet. Get it over with. Yeah, it might be awkward, but it was just sex. That was natural.

"A brothel is... is a place you can go to receive pleasure." Maeve started before realizing that it might not be enough. "Pleasures of the flesh, I mean. Men and women alike come there for intimacy or company. That isn't always sex, but most of the time it is." There. Short and sweet. Of course, Maeve would answer her questions. She had dealt with many of virgins in her time working, but they hadn't been children from the stars. Nor a child of a goddess.

The Madame looked up at Seren as she plucked a stone from the ground, turning it over in her palm before holding it up and peering through it at her. Maeve could just barely make out the blue of her eye through the whole and she smiled softly in return, "That would be fun. I've never seen one in person or heard them sing. Maybe you should take me sometime." It was an invitation of sorts. Maybe a suggestion? The girl seemed like she could use a proper friend.

She reached out to take the stone from Seren, her fingers brushing against hers lightly before she drew back with the stone in hand, running the tips of her fingers over the smooth stone. Green eyes flicked up to the other woman and she felt a slight pang in her chest at the question, finding herself nodding, "I would... Even though we just met. I would come if you needed me. No matter what it was." She meant it too. A soft conviction coloring her words.
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Her head full of images of burly pirates stomping around some secret hideout surrounded by green-eyed women and piles of treasure, it took her a moment to process the explanation. When it registered, Seren's vision shattered like so much glass, replaced by completely different ones, and the blush that had been absent from her cheeks for a while now returned in full force. Yet for all that embarrassment, a wrinkle of confusion lingered between her eyebrows. "Why would people do that, though?" she had to ask, genuinely puzzled by the notion. "Isn't... eh... sex, something you do with people you love, to have babies? I know you said it's fun, but..." It was still difficult for her to grasp how casually Maeve talked about it. In Seren's mind that kind of intimacy seemed very private, an act on the verge of something sacred. "It creates life," she tried to elaborate. "Should it really be so..." spinning her free hand in search for words, she found none that seemed appropriate, "... so casual?" It was not the meaning she had strived for, but would have to do.

Handing over the stone, Seren beamed softly in quiet delight. The prospect of going on a whale hunt with Maeve was exciting, just as the notion of having her at Seren's back was reassuring. "I'd love to take you," she nodded, quietly adding it to her list of things to do. "And thank you. I don't think time really matters much when it comes to friendship. I like you, Maeve. If you ever need someone to be there for you, count on me."

Brushing her hands off, the starchild stood and stretched the ache from her limbs. Having found what she came here for, she knew she ought to start thinking about returning to the barracks. So she lingered, reluctant to part ways just yet.

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve had started to miss that pretty flush on those pale cheeks and the wrinkle that formed between her brows had a smile of amusement curling on her lips. It doesn't surprise her that the girl doesn't think about sex outside of what it is meant for. Reproduction. Maeve pushed up from her resting spot on the grass, pocketing the stone and slowly making her way over to the other woman. "Why? Because it feels good, little star." She purred, fingers daring to trail up her arm for only a moment before she drew her hand away, lest she were to frighten her again. With practiced ease she circled the other woman, "It does make babies and it does happen between people who love each other, but it isn't limited to just those people. That wouldn't be fair, would it?"

Not to mention that same sex couples couldn't have babies that way. Not with each other. "Consider this... The thrill of a first kiss. Someone pressing their lips along your body and drawing you closer to them. Skin touching skin. It's beautiful and the sensations it can make you feel... That full body pleasure." She murmured as she continued to move around the other woman, considering her words, "Now, some people can't have sex in such a casual way. Some need feelings involved to have that attraction. There is nothing wrong with however you wish to do it."

Finally she came to a stop before her again, offering a small smile, "It can lead to feelings too. Much like flirting can, but it doesn't have to." She hummed, catching her striking blue stare as she clasped her hands behind her back. "Perhaps when you finish your dragoon training? I'm not sure how much effort it takes to go hunting for starwhales." Maeve laughed softly, a playful spark in her eyes even as her smile bloomed into something brighter, "You like me, huh? Well, isn't that something special."
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Oh, here we go again. The moment Maeve flicked on the charm, Seren tensed up. The light touch trailing along her arm sent goosebumps skittering up her skin, but although there was an inclination to recoil, she made herself stay put. Dared herself to stay, as if it was a trial. The picture the Madam's words painted in her mind turned the flush from pink to scarlet, and yet... rather than excitement, Seren only felt uncomfortable. The vivid images were of hands without warmth, faces without expression, poking and prodding for... what? Something that only filled the demi-god with unease.

She was relieved when Maeve stopped circling, and even more so when those teasing hands disappeared behind a slender back. It was mortifying, that she couldn't play along the way her friend so clearly enjoyed doing. As she studied her toes, Seren wondered why that was. Was there something wrong..? But Maeve just said there was no such thing as wrong. "Sorry," she heard herself say, in a faint and unusually timid voice. "It's... I still don't really see the fun, after all."

Making herself look up, Seren looked straight at the other woman. She was beautiful. The green eyes, the dark hair, her confident movements... Something was definitely stirring inside. And it made her afraid. Enough to draw lines of tension around her eyes, and set the teeth to worrying her lip.

Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

There was nothing but gentle understanding in her soft green gaze, mixing with the mischievousness that swam in her irises. She could easily read the discomfort tugging at Seren's features, causing her shoulders to tense and raise towards her ears as she chewed at her bottom lip. The apology wasn't necessary. Not for this. Of course she didn't understand it. Maeve had her doubts that her mother told her all that went into the pleasures of the flesh and knowing Ronin he likely avoided the conversation as well. "It's okay, chérie. It isn't for everyone. Maybe in time your opinion will change, but there is no rush to discover such things." She soothed easily, offering her a sweet smile and she reached to give her arm a reassuring squeeze. This wasn't like the obviously playful touches from before. This was meant to put her at ease. Comfort her. Nothing more than that.

The touch only lasted for a moment before she drew her hand back from her, not wanting to spook her further. Maeve was very free with her affections. Gentle touches here and there given away easily. She was just that kind of person. It was hard to keep from acting on something that might as well have been instinctual at this point. The last thing she wanted to do was upset Seren after what happened earlier.

"We don't have to talk about it anymore. If you don't want to." Maeve murmured, head tilting to the side, a stray curl falling into her eyes, "I don't want you to be uncomfortable."
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Sucking down a deep breath, Seren forced her shoulders down. Made herself deliberately stop the cowering. That there was no irritation or scorn in Maeve's response helped immensely. Let her breathe easier. Regaining her mental balance took more effort, and it was almost undone when she was touched again. But there was a difference to the gentle clasp. No games, no teasing; just a steady presence. That, Seren did not shrink from.

"I don't mean to be," she replied, growing slowly irritated with her own reactions. "Don't want to be. But..." she hesitated, searching herself for something that felt true. "Maybe... some other time." When she could think. When it didn't feel so foreign. When she was less bombarded by everything that was new and strange around her.

Looking at the lock that strayed down across Maeve's face, Seren's fingers twitched. Inclined to tuck it away. But between the thought and the action, there stood a wall of glass that would not be moved. So she did nothing.

Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The other woman watched as Seren forced herself to relax. Slowly her shoulders lowered and a breath pushed past her lips. It was almost ruined by the touch Maeve offered to reassure her, but thankfully the younger girl didn't shrink away from that one too. Something Maeve was grateful for. As much as she loved to flirt and play, she wasn't into making those around her uncomfortable. Seren clearly had a lot to learn, but it wasn't her job to do the teaching. "It's new and scary. Like all things it will take some time. No sense in rushing into something you don't want yet." More soft words meant to soothe the other woman, a smile on her lips as she looked up at her.

Maeve reached up, brushing the curl from her eyes before she shifted on her feet, "Would you like to go get dinner with me? I haven't really eaten today and I'm meant to be keeping my strength up. Maybe you can tell me more about the stars?" There was a hopeful edge to her voice. Maeve had been lonely. This was her first time out and she was loath to see it end perhaps just as much as Seren was.
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Relief and gratitude warmed the blue of Seren's eyes, and she nodded. Wise words from a young person, but though they seemed of an age, Maeve had the added benefit of actually experiencing all her years. Would that she could be so sure in herself one day. "Thank you. For being so understanding," Seren said, and sneaked a hand out to give Maeve's fingers a quick squeeze. It felt like a daring thing to do... which spoke volumes of how unprepared the girl was for anything more than the most basic of friendships.

The offer surprised her. But barely a second later, the clouds passed from the starchild's skies, and the smile she returned was radiant. As warm and bright as a Torchline sun. "I'd love to," she assured. "Fair warning though, I don't know any good places yet. It will have be an adventure." Of course, that prospect brought on a mischievous glitter of anticipation, and in a few bounding steps she was right by the path, ready to leave. Food was such an excellent motivator.

Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Seren didn't have to thank her for this either, but the words fell sweetly from her pink lips and Maeve couldn't help the way her eyes watched them for the words. She only lingered for a moment before meeting her gaze again, "You don't have to thank me for that. It's how it should always be handled. If it isn't then that isn't a person you want to be around." She told her, a firmness in her voice that might have been unexpected from her, but this was something she took incredibly seriously. Maeve proposed the plan of dinner, waiting with a nervousness in her stomach to see if she would actually accept the invitation or not. Seren reached for her, finding her fingers in a gentle squeeze and warmth spread through her chest, the tips of her fingers tingling where Seren so carefully grasped them before pulling away.

A smile lit up Seren's face. So bright it was almost blinding. The Madame easily returned it, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth for a moment as she ducked her head, a soft laugh bubbling up in her belly. "I've not been anywhere either. So I have no idea what we might find. Guess it really will be an adventure." She said with a hum, making her way towards the other woman and holding her arm out as if to casually loop it with hers as they walked.
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
It was an important lesson to learn, and after all this, Seren felt she understood why. It could have gone horribly wrong, this encounter, if she had been less inclined to tell the truth, and Maeve less apt at listening. As far as awkward situations went, this one had been handled beautifully, with a budding friendship growing rather than bruises of the soul. If anything, Seren wanted to thank the woman even more for saying that, but settled for a smile and a nod. "I will remember that," she said, and it sounded almost like an oath.

This time, with an arm proffered, the demi-god didn't even hesitate before looping hers through. Clearly she had boundaries but this was acceptable. Appreciated, even, if the quiet joy shimmering about her expression was anything to go by. Seren picked a random direction and led them towards what she hoped would be an exit from the gardens. "Adventure it is. Now, tell me what kind of food you like. Not to brag, but I have quite the nose for good seafood..."  

With no idea what time of day it was anymore, or where such cuisine might be located, she still had no doubt that the rest of the day would be excellent. The company was good, after all, so what could really go wrong?

Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Seren looped her arms with hers and Maeve didn't hesitate to gently lay her fingers over the other girl's, holding her close in a friendly embrace as they began to make their way through the garden together. She could feel the stone Seren found her bumping against her thigh lightly as they walked, her shoes crunching in the gravel lightly as they found themselves on the trail one more. She hummed thoughtfully at the woman's question, pursing her lips, "Well, as far as seafood goes, I can't say I'm a big fan of fish. I never have been. Despite that Torchline gets wonderful fresh seafood." She admitted, a small smile on her lips as she turned her head to glance up at the other woman.

Maeve chewed on her bottom lip in consideration as she still hadn't answered the other woman's actual question. "Have you ever had dessert for dinner?" She asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she met the bright blue gaze of Seren. Her brow arched playfully as she grinned, helping to guide them out of the gardens.
Oh what a sin
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
"I can understand that. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to learn to like fish, after seeing where the food actually came from." It had been a traumatic experience, to see the worm be impaled by the hook and so casually thrown into the sea. As mere bait. Not to mention how shaken it must have made her poor uncle when she started to bawl right on the spot. Of course, it was amended later when he made sushi for her.

Maeve made a counter offer, that had Seren's eyes go wide with exaggerated shock. "I can't say I have... no. But that is a terribly good idea. Cake? Waffles? I wonder if there are pancakes somewhere..." A calculating gleam kindled in blue eyes as she met the green of Maeve's gaze, and the grin that spread across her lips was very greedy.

Seren