so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
He didn’t mean to upset her. Maybe it was too much. But she’s kissing him back and he’s confused. He fingers slip into his hair and he makes a soft noise before she’s pulling away and crying. He fucked up. He knew. He wasn’t stupid. His eyes dart from her’s to her lips before back to her eyes. He shooshes her softly, thumb brushing the tears from her face even as she talks. He didn’t want this. He just wanted to be honest like she asked.

Locke can’t explain the tight feeling he has as she talks. He keeps brushing the tears away, content to hear her out. After all, she’d heard him out even though it clearly hurt. She finally stops and her fingers tangle into his hair. HIs eyes flutter closed for a moment as he tries to find the words he wants before he’s shaking his head. ”You’re such an idiot.” There’s no malice to it as he leans forward again. Another soft kiss, chaste before he presses his forehead against her’s. Yeah, it hurts. To think that part of this might just be her running away from her feelings for Sunjata. But he’s not really surprised. Her letter said something about her being jealous of his love for Nate and Locke had a feeling it wasn’t just someone loving someone else that much.

He wonders if he should be more upset by it. But he doesn’t find it in himself to be. She didn’t bring any of this up, he did. And maybe she was planning on it but she’s still here, isn’t she? ”I don’t care how you feel about him, Mae. I care how you feel about me. If you want me, then you can have me.” It’s true and he knows he’s being stupid by saying it. She’s clearly upset by all of this and he doubts he’s making it easier.

Maybe he should just walk away. Tell her he’s sorry and leave. Except that wouldn’t solve anything. She wants him, right? He wants her. Why can’t they just.. Have each other? His jaw clenches again, he’s not angry just.. Feeling a lot, even if he keeps it down.What right does he have to tell him to pick someone else? If he wanted someone else, he would’ve said as much. ”You don’t get to decide what I deserve. You don’t get to decide what I want.” It’s said softly as he nuzzles against her. It’s true though. She can say he doesn’t deserve this, that he should find someone else. But that’s not her choice to make.

”Don’t think I’m made to love one person either.” He’s not even sure if he can love. Not like that anyway. But he’s willing to try.  ”Not even asking you to love me. Just asking you to give me a chance. If things don’t work out, then they don’t work out. But I said I wanted to try. I didn’t know what I meant then but I know now.” He threads one hand into her hair, a soft sigh falling from his lips. Her hair has gotten longer. It’s only been a few weeks but so much has happened.
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 04-20-2021, 05:34 PM