so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The way her face scrunches up is so cute he has to lean down and kiss her nose. Internally he’s disgusted with himself. ”It’s.. Hard to explain, Mae. I told you I met Nate, right? Before I left? He said something and it’s just stuck with me.. And then I get here and there’s statues to keep out the Abandoned and the dragoons were formed to fight The Voice. I..” There’s a long pause as he looks over at her, frowning. ”I don’t know where I stand in all of this but.. That doesn’t feel right to me. And, gotta be honest. Just not digging the soldier thing..”  He has a feeling he’s just always going to be conflicted about this kind of thing. Rarely is there a right side of a war.

”I had.. A dream about it…?” He questions because no, he shouldn’t know that. (But I got mixed up with another thread whoops.) ”You did? A quest? How did it go? Nothing too crazy, right?” She’s right, he does have questions. He can’t imagine meeting a god. But.. Maybe he should try? Who would he even pray too? Safrin like Maeve? Frey? Ludo? So many choices and none feel quite right. ”I can see the lavender. It’s your favorite flower too, right? You’ve always smelled like it..” Tasted like it too but he doesn’t add that. ”You dance? You’ll have to show me some time. I’ve never seen ballet before.” It’s kind of surprising, that she knows ballet. But kind of not surprising at all.

”You do make a good lavender tea. The cakes I made with it went over pretty well.I think I found a good way to make lavender cream too. Maybe I can make you something like that.” Since lavender is her favorite color too. And he likes baking, cooking.. ”Amaretto sours are pretty good. I’m more of a whiskey or straight rum kinda guy myself but I can respect a good sour.” It’s nothing deep but it helps. He feels.. Closer to her. A little. This is how dating goes, right? ”Think you’ve forgotten how rough I can be..” It’s muttered against her neck as he buries his face there. The healers are good here. He should know. He’s been a good boy and gone to see them a few times at least.

Her reaction earns her a laugh, a real genuine laugh. When she covers his mouth, he licks the palm of her hand like the child he is. ”I thought you said you liked my depravity? Would you rather I warm you up for him? Maybe the other way around?” His teeth find her ear, just the lightest of bites as he whispers into her ear. ”Think it would be fun is all. Probably the closest I’ll ever get to fucking him.”

Her surprise earns her a chuckle, ”Why would I stay? Don’t have anything here really. Or I won’t, when you leave. And I can always travel. Don’t have to stay in Torchline. Maybe you and I can do a bit.. Before you need to rebuild? I’ve always wanted to go to the Great Wood.. To Halo..” He hopes he’s not coming off too strong, he kind of feels like he is.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 04-24-2021, 01:28 AM