so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He leans forward to kiss the tip of her nose and it makes it wrinkle a little bit more as his beard tickles her skin. Maeve huffs, taking a moment to savor that little touch before she's focusing back on his words. Her brows drawing together in thought. "You did tell me you met Nate before you left." It was a hard pill to swallow. The war and having to choose a side. She didn't want to pick. She wanted peace. Not a fight. Maeve wasn't sure if everyone else agreed, but that's where she stood on it. "It is... strange. I know that there are issues between the old gods and the Voice, but I just.. I guess it feels like they're using us to fight their battles. I don't like that either." She admits, gaze soft as she looks up at him, "You never seemed the type to really follow rules so I'm not really all that surprised." Maeve teases, grinning over at him from her spot on the bed.

His answer earns him a laugh and she shakes her head, "Okay, Locke. You had a dream about it. Sure. Yeah, I did meet her and she did give me a quest. Nothing too crazy. Let me think..." Her lips purse in thought and she tries to recall what all she has to do. "I have to learn about non-magical healing, complete some training in some kind of combat, collect two items, and kill something." Maeve pulls a face at the mention of killing something. She really isn't about that part, but she has to figure it out. "Sunjata offered to help with training. Nate is a doctor so I thought I might talk to him about the healing. Hotaru has offered to help with the items. All that leaves is killing something. Don't suppose you'd like to help me with that part?" Maeve asks with an arched brow, head cocking to the side slightly. It was a fairly good meeting, all things considered. Safrin had been patient and kind with her. "She was... intimidating, but also very kind to me? Kind of felt like.. like a mother's presence. If you ever wanted to go to a shrine I'd go with you." She finally settles on, nodding in confirmation.

Her smile grows and she nods again, "It is my favorite flower. I didn't think you knew that." Maeve laughs softly, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as he goes through each thing she mentioned. "I do. I learned when I was sixteen or so? The Madame at the first brothel wanted to use me for entertainment too and she was surprisingly kind enough not to put me on the floor that young." It was a small kindness. Little did she know it was so she could action her off later. "I'll show you. I think you might like it?"

"I'd really like that... Your cakes and cookies were so good. I was honestly a little upset that I didn't know you could bake until after you left." She huffs, pouting up at him for a moment. Except he suddenly moves, pressing his face into her neck, nuzzling against the sensitive skin there in a way that makes her shiver. Maeve swallows thickly, her hand coming up to brace lightly against his chest, "Maybe you'll have to remind me.." She murmurs softly, keeping her voice low so others don't hear them. Not that she saw anyone else in here. Can never be too careful.

That moment is broken when he licks the palm for her hand after that rather dirty comment and she makes a face, "Oh my gods.. You're a fucking child." She huffs, wiping the spit from her palm onto his shirt because she is not going to just leave it. She only likes that in very specific situations and right now is not one of them. Her cheeks are still flushed as he whispers into her ear, teeth nipping at the lobe there and she buries her face against his chest, "Locke.." She huffs, not really having an answer for him. Not at the moment. The thoughts that it stirs up are enough to make her belly swoop and flutter.

"That's fair. I just.. wasn't thinking about it. I thought you wanted to get out of Torchline completely. I didn't think you'd come back." Maeve admits, voice slightly muffled against his chest even as her lips press a soft kiss to his collarbone. "I'm actually going to Halo to see Hotaru. I- I think she maybe likes me? If her letters are anything to go by. As for everything else... Yeah, I could travel. There is a lot I haven't seen."
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 04-24-2021, 01:55 AM