so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

Her nose wrinkles and he’s tempted to kiss it again. Just to annoy her. He’s aware he should probably shave. Maybe he will soon. The thought is fleeting as she talks, his frown falling as he looks at her. ”Just pawns in their games, I guess.” But that’s how gods work, isn’t it? Wouldn’t be much of a god if you weren’t messing with your subjects’ lives. Or something. He’s never really cared before now. Ever since the Heralds came back.. Feels like the whole world has tilted. He’s just gotta find his footing. ”Not much for authority at all really. Or laws. Or rules. Fuck, why did I even think coming here was a good idea?” He laughs, shaking his head of the bitter thoughts that are bubbling up.

”Maybe I’ve got you mixed up with someone else. Could’ve swore you told me though.”  He shrugs, content to drop it as he listens to her list off her quests. What a strange assortment of things, really. There’s a fraction of a second where his jaw clenches. Wasn’t he? Wasn’t he going to teach her how to use her dagger? Wouldn’t that count for combat? He’s got this.. Conflicted feeling in his chest. One he’s not sure he wants to untangle. He wants to lay here and enjoy her, not deal with.. Whatever that is. But then she’s asking him about helping her kill something. “I can. If you want.” It’s almost monotone but not quite. He’s got strong opinions about killing. ”Just get a chicken or something. Kill it and make dinner. Easy peasy.” Except he has a feeling she’s supposed to get more out of it than  just..  Killing for food. He gives her a crooked (fake) smile, ”Glad it went well. And thanks, I’ll.. Keep that in mind.”

”May not be smart, Mae, but I am observant. Or I try to be. Would be blind not to notice all of the lavender..” He laughs, shaking his head. It doesn’t soothe the weird feeling in his belly but he’ll be alright. She doesn’t need to deal with his shit. She’s got her own going on and he’s happy to be there for her. ”Don’t think I’ve ever met a brothel girl that could do ballet though. Bet you got a lot of clients just from that.. Would explain why your legs look so strong though.” He nods as if he knows what he’s talking about. And he kind of does. He may not have actively worked at a brothel but he was raised in them. ”Think I’d like that too.” Softly spoken as he tucks his head into her neck again.

”Don’t think we really knew much about each other until I left.” He’s not upset about it, not really. Nothing bitter to his tone. It’s just a fact. There was that initial physical attraction and it didn’t really move beyond that until after he left. At least for her, he thinks. Hell, he’s not even sure if she’s really into him. Maybe he’s just playing second fiddle to a man that will probably never love her back. When her hand finds his chest, he pulls it up for a kiss, shaking his head. ”You’re hurt, Mae.. Don’t want to hurt you.” Physically, emotionally, whatever. She’s the last person he’d ever want to hurt.

”Thought you liked when I licked you..” He grins against her skin, shifting a little to pull her closer to him. So what if he’s insecure? She’s here, isn’t she? He can feel her warmth pressed against him and the gentle weight of her body against his side. He keeps telling himself over and over that she’s here and she wouldn’t be if she didn’t want to be. Or he hopes so. His name on her lips is pretty great too. ”Wanna know a secret, Mae?” It’s whispered against her skin as his teeth find her ear again. ”Real name isn’t Locke..” Sure, there are plenty of people in Torchline that know his real name but he’s keen on avoiding them. Plus, it would be easy enough to mistake it for a pet name or something else. But maybe he’ll let one more person know.

”S’alright. Not sure if that’s where I want to stay. Like for good. But I do wanna go back. Gotta help you rebuild after all.” At least for a bit. Check on his family and get some sun. Maybe go down to the Slagveld for a fight or two. ”Always wanted to go to Halo.. And of course she likes you.”  He rolls his eyes with a little huff, ”Everyone likes you Mae.. Although you did put a very sexy mental image into my brain, so thank you.” He’s only met the woman once and while she’s not exactly his type, he’d happily let her step on him any day or night of the week. ”Can be traveling buddies. Go see Caido, see what it has to offer..”
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 04-24-2021, 08:47 PM