so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

She's not the only one who's face is flushed. The way her nose wrinkles makes him laugh almost nervously. Oh yeah. Titles and things exist! What are they? They're something! That's for sure. Dating? Yeah. Dating. Locke's lips purse for a second, "Pretty sure it's just girlfriend, no whatever needed. But owner sounds fun too. Lay at your feet, pleasure you when you want.. Maybe I'll clean your apartment naked.. Sounds fun to me.." He's talking uncharacteristically fast but it's fine. She's his girlfriend. He's her boyfriend. Or something. It's fine.

Her next question though? Replaces any silly nerves with something else. Anger? Maybe. His jaw clenches again and he stops to look at her. "Or, Maeve, I know something they don't. Ever consider that?" It's almost mocking the way he says it. But he thinks it's true. So what if she's a Madam. If she's a whore. She gets him. Or some part of him. And she's willing to get the rest. That's gotta mean something, right? Another clench of his jaw as they walk again. He doesn't know who hurt her this way, Sunjata maybe, the girl.. But still. He doesn't say anything else, just takes her hand because fuck, he doesn't know what else to do.

The mood is sour again. He wonders if it's always going to be like this. A rollercoaster. One of them crashing while the other peaks before being drug back down too. He presses a kiss to the hand he holds, willing the thought away. "We can go if you want. We don't have to. I really, genuinely don't like brothels. Only ever went to the Halenani because you were there." It's true. Except maybe the first time. He just shrugs at her second question. She hasn't divulged any details and he doesn't plan on it either. Maybe another time when they're feeling better. He kind of wonders if she's jealous though.. He kind of hates how good that makes him feel.

He raises an eyebrow as he looks at her. "Is that what you wanted? For me to tell you to fuck off?" It's spoken softly, he's not angry. Just.. confused. He's second guessing all of this and he doesn't like that. It's been not even an hour and things feel rocky, unsteady again. He doesn't want that, doesn't like that she's doubting herself so quickly, doubting him. Locke brushes his knuckles across her cheek before leaning down to kiss her. Soft, chaste, but he lingers there a moment.

"I want you. I've wanted you. Ever since the day I cut your hair. I left then and I regretted it every day after. I don't want to do that again. I understand if you're not ready. I'll wait. Already have been." She waited for him, it's only fair if he returns the favor, right? And if it's a mistake in the long run, it's his to make.

Her quiet admission gets a little grin, "Depends. Is it a bad idea?" It's monotone, a joke fallen flat before he's even said it. He orders something, a sandwich, even though his appetite is gone. She gets a meat stick and he wants to make a joke but he doesn't. He just holds his hand out to her and he hopes she takes it.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 05-03-2021, 03:24 AM