so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The flush on his cheeks makes her feel a touch better. Just for a moment she's reminded that she isn't the only one new to this. He is too. They're figuring it out together. Dating, relationships, all of it. She lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, "We don't have to label it... Just thought that maybe- maybe things wouldn't be so confusing if we did." Maeve admits softly before she's swept away by the rest of what he says. That doesn't sound like a bad idea if she's being honest, but that isn't all she wants this to be. Not anymore. "How about we just start with this? You being my boyfriend..." It feels odd to say and she's not sure if it's what he even wants.

Maeve watches the way the muscles in his jaw feather and his hazel eyes seem to darken as he snaps back at her. Promptly her cheeks flush and she ducks her head, lips pressing into a thin line as she lets the words sink in, mulling over his question. "I guess I haven't... Can't ignore the patterns, though." A mistake, a distraction, a whore. All labels that have been given to her. Ones that make her into something not worth keeping or pursuing. Yet here he is. She can't help wondering why. He might be a bit of a mess. A fuck up. Whatever. That doesn't mean he's not worth something. That he can't have someone better than her. Would it be so bad if he just wanted her? His fingers slip between hers as he laces them together and she lets herself focus on that instead.

They can't seem to stay in rhythm together. One goes up and the other goes down. So many highs and lows in the span of a fucking hour. It couldn't be healthy. Truly. Except they're trying. That's what this whole thing is. They're trying to learn about each other and this feeling between them. Trying to see if there is something here worth growing. His lips brush across the back of her hand, soft and sweet. She sighs softly, "We don't have to go. Not if you don't want to. Don't want you to do anything you aren't comfortable with." Maeve murmurs sincerely, giving his hand a squeeze and silently thanking him for not giving away any details. It's probably for the best.

Locke pulls them to the side after they order, looking down at her with soft eyes and whatever annoyance he might of felt before seems to be gone. There is nothing but confusion and a yearning to understand in his eyes as she looks up at him. Maeve swallows thickly, giving a small shake of her head, "No... That isn't what I want." She whispers back, eyes suddenly growing glassy as she looks up at him with tears that threaten to spill as he leans in to kiss her. It's chest achingly sweet. So gentle and tender. If it wasn't for the way he cups her cheek, she might have fallen apart. Maeve hates that he pulls away and almost chases after his lips, but he starts to talk and she stops short of claiming his lips in another kiss.

"I'm sorry..." She whispers, voice tight as she looks up at him from beneath her lashes. She is sorry. For so much. For being difficult. For doubting him. For things she can't even name. "I wanted you then too... I- fuck, Locke... That day hurt me. It hurt me so much. It felt like I was just- just a whore. Another mistake. Maybe I am and maybe this is stupid, but I don't want to second guess things anymore. I want to do this." Her voice trembles more than she would like to admit as she gazes up at him, tears caught in her lashes and refusing to actually fall.

"A lot of things tend to be bad ideas, but sometimes they work out." Maeve whispers, hand curling at his waist as she steps into his space, needing the reassurance that he's here. That they can figure this out. She just needs to trust him. She can do that. Can't she?
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 05-03-2021, 03:52 AM